cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hurricane Matthew

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody camped out along the southeast coastline needs to pay close attention to forecasts and make your "bug-out" plans. Looks like the storm is going to impact the Florida east coast all the way up to NC starting potentially sometime late Thursday through the weekend. Here's the latest forecast track from the National Hurricane Center:

Hurricane Matthew

Stay safe my friends!!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------
45 REPLIES 45

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting at Pirateland in Myrtle Beach. Suppose to be here another week but who knows now.

New track puts it right on myrtle beach.
Check the forecast tab.
Looks like 8 am Saturday.

http://www.boatus.com/hurricanes/tracking.asp?storm=matthew&year=2016#.V_QCmvT2yUk
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting at Pirateland in Myrtle Beach. Suppose to be here another week but who knows now.
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Alabama Jim wrote:
Thanks for caring enough to share this information. Be safe and may God be with you and yours.
X-2, my brother in law lives in the Tampa Bay area and he claims it is one of the safer places in FLA. during a Hurricane?

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for caring enough to share this information. Be safe and may God be with you and yours.

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the Hurricane is on the way, and you wait until the evacuation orders come out, aren't the roads going to be pretty crowded. If I was there, I think I'd be on the road already.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
brodon wrote:
We are staying in Ocala Fl (CENTRAL FL)in our MH for the 1st Hurricane issue. Living in a 30,000 lb RV, I would think would be safe unless storm moves inward. Still this is first time for us.

I think an RV is the least safe place to be. 30,000 pound doesn't matter when debris from 100 mph plus winds are hitting your RV.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

brodon
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying in Ocala Fl (CENTRAL FL)in our MH for the 1st Hurricane issue. Living in a 30,000 lb RV, I would think would be safe unless storm moves inward. Still this is first time for us.

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
I just saw it on a map and the red area is huge. If it keeps slipping westward it may cause much damage for sure.

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
we're in the florida panhandle and look to be safe but still keeping an eye on it.

Hey rk911 I just realized we are staying at the same place. lol

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Major topic of discussin on the 72 Chew today (7.272 MHZ) One of the areas it might hit is about 30 miles distant from where I'm stuck. Hopefully however it will miss us.. The Seashore here is kind of a cover or bay "-C" shape.. i am near the - sign. Hurricanes tend to hit the ends of the "C" Entirely too close for comfort, but so far... So good.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the Florida panhandle vacationing. Keeping an eye on this storm. Looks like it keeps moving west a little at a time. We're hoping it misses us though.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Already keeping an eye on it. We haven't lived in the Wilmington area long so I am new to this sort of thing. It does appear that we may need to make some decisions by Wednesday if we plan to leave the area and bug out Thursday if that's what we need to do. Better get the RV gassed up and full of water today.
2013 ACE 29.2

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we're in the florida panhandle and look to be safe but still keeping an eye on it.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
After 31 years, and a lot of hurricanes in fl, this is the most accurate forecast site I know.

http://www.boatus.com/hurricanes/tracking.asp#.V_OvK_RHyUn
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
the path has been bumped west, time to bug out of east coast.....