Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a C-er now not a B-er.

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I just gave the wife a Birthday present.
2010 Class C Coachman Freelander on a Freightliner/Sprinter chassis.
It is registered as a 2010 Coachman, however, the chassis is a 2008 Sprinter which I got snookered on. It is a V6 when I thought I was getting a 5 Cyl. 22 feet long. Slightly longer than my B but with three times the storage.
I have a lot to learn about the Mercedes chassis. 12 MPG from Gainesvill, FL to Jefferson, GA=Not what I expected.
I just bid farewell to the B forum.
I explained to the Wife that it was NOT a B+.
Thanks, Marvin
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)
7 REPLIES 7

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Finally read how to change signature. Now I must get a better pic.
Marvin
Marvin

1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
ronfisherman wrote:
Welcome to Class C's.
Now you need to update your Signature.

I have searched and can't remember how to change my signature.
Someone remind how please.

I will answer some questions from others here as well.

I sold the Horizon locally before buying the Freelander.
I have had a large 5th wheeler so I hopefully will remember the overall height.
I am a bit confused on the length. Paperwork says it's a 22TB (twin bed).
Actual floor inside from rear wall to stepdown into cab is 17 feet.
Then two more feet to base of doghouse (doghouse if that is what it's called in a Sprinter).
It says 20.3 gallons on the propane tank and has a Guardian RV 3.4KW Propane generator.
A lot to learn about the Coachman part and the Sprinter chassis.
For instance I plugged it into a 20 amp circuit and the A/C didn't work so I had to move it to the back yard and plug into my 50 amp circuit.
The Wife is still figuring out where to put stuff. Way more room than the B plus a bunch of outside storage.
The learning process continues.
Marvin
PS, Thanks for your support.
PPS, Does anyone else have a Freelander on the Sprinter chassis?
Marvin

1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
My first was an Intervec Fiesta built on a Ford 19' chassis. It was great for me and the dog. Wife was not thrilled with the comfort and size of the jackknife bed. and I was not thrilled that you couldn't walk back and forth with the bed open. Went to a 27' Ford E-450 C from there with a full time queen size bedroom in the back and a full bathroom. Now we both love traveling in it.

As far as gas mileage in a C, 12 is very good. I get 10 on a good day if I'm not towing anything.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Intervec Fiesta 17 built on the Chevy chassis w/ 305. I think it was nearly identical to the Horizon. It was my first RV. Even though I often camp alone, it just wasn't enough room. Bathing was issue, had to sit in tiny tub. No work desk. Nicely built little RV though. Then I went overboard to a trailer and F250 which was a bit more than I needed for a night or two away from home.

The 24' class C has been the closest to perfect compromise. If it wears out before I do, I'd probably get another.

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Horizon17, I joined the C World about three years ago now coming from a Roadtrek 210P. Lots more room, a little more hassle. Lots easier for me to work on a C because everything isn't so crammed in and the storage is great. When we are in the bed in the back of our PC, it looks like a mile to the windshield compared to our Roadtrek!!

I had a Horizon years ago and loved it. Almost bought a Falcon earlier this year to restore but decided it was too much project for me right now.

Did you sell your Horizon or trade it in? Where is it?

Paul
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

ronfisherman
Welcome to Class C's.
Now you need to update your Signature.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
good for you 🙂 I just a c class myself after camping in my e350 for a while. even though I've got a big towable to theoretically camp in, it's too big for most campsites and trailers suck for road trips. There's lots of people to ask questions. I think you'll find the "c" pretty much like your "b" with a bit more room. just watch your clearances until you get used to it.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions