cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing laminate wood floors

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
We have been talking about replacing the carpet and tile in our 2004 Holiday Rambler since we bought it last Feb. When we were looking at coaches we asked a couple of different places about doing the install. I don't remember what the quotes were but they were in the thousands. When I'm done I will have less than a $1,000 in the whole job. I'm pretty handy, have done a lot of tile work and have put down a laminate wood floor about a year ago in a cabin. So I thought I'd give it a shot... Carpet tear out wasn't bad, but the tile demo was a beating..Here are a couple of pics the last one is just a preview of what we are putting down. I will add some more as I go..

2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST
67 REPLIES 67

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I scanned through all 7 pages looking for an update and it was worth it. Beautiful work and the color is perfect. I struggled with the color/pattern in my vintage Allegro but wound up with something that worked really well, too. Since it's a relatively small amount of square-footage I got the good stuff and it's holding up really well. We're coming up on the first cycle of all 4 seasons in the Northeast (wild temperature and humidity swings) with it and it looks great.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
It still has the carpet on the sides of the step wells, I will be tiling it in the next week or two.

erniee
Explorer
Explorer
what does the entry look like?
Ernie Ekberg, Prevost Liberty XL Classic

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
Really no trouble with the slides. my living room street side slide always left a spot on the carpet where you could tell it sat on the carpet. I just put a little throw rug in that area before we pull the slide in and so far no problem. On the curb side it has rollers that contact the floor, we just make sure the floor is very clean and swept before we pull the slide in..

magik235
Explorer
Explorer

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks very good. No problems at all with the slides floating over the top of the laminate?

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
delete

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
very nice job
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Looks awesome. Nice job.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry it took so long to get back to this. Finished the floor install, it was a chore. We decided to remove the tile and carpet and that added quite a bit more work. It turned out really good, although I may go back and redo the trim. We decided to trim it the same color as the walls but might change it to match the floor. We are going to roll with it like this a little while and see how we feel about it. The picture looking towards the front seats is more what the floor looks like, the other two look kind of "washed out" I never could get a good pic. I guess I could have taken some pictures with the rugs in place, its very pretty according to the wife..lol

k9-keno
Explorer
Explorer
Ok my question is simple. I have put tile down before but never in a motorhome. So if I rip up the thin vinyl that's there and that leaves me with plywood what do you suggest to lay the tile on?? Hardy board, the new orange rollout mat stuff called Ditra (sp)?? I would be using a high quality porcelain tile. Thanks
2007 Damon Daybreak 35.4ft Class A
2001 Georgie Boy 31ft Class C
2003 Coachman Auroa Gold Class A
1995 Coachman Santara Class C
2000 Coachman Pop-up
1988 Dodge Ram Conversion Van

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
when my slide starts in, it use to slide on carpet. now it stays above the wood floor. my wife wanted to leave about 16" of carpet on floor next to slide
so when slide comes in, in does not touch floor.
it will change the look a lot when you are done. I found it easy, but I do have a workshop with tools.
I needed a good chop saw, and table saw
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
Slide is carpet, but at the sofa you can barely see it, and the dinette is a separate piece. I'd probably leave the carpet under the sofa, but want the dinette carpet gone. Sofa looks flush to the main floor, though it's not.
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
when I removed the carpet I had about a 1/2 inch play.
is your slide carpet, and are you removing it.
I had to get the correct transition board to go from the laminate to carpet
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal