cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance for new Sprinter

Camper2209
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for insurance for my new Sportsmobile Sprinter. I think replacement insurance is pretty important. Is there anyone out there besides National General that offers replacement cost or at least agreed value cost insurance? Progressive is only 1 year replacement. From what I have read on here about National General, not sure I want to go with them based on the complaints and issues people have had with claims. Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Quote from Good Sam's Vice President of Insurance Services.

"Good Sam now represents more than one insurance company. You can call 888-772-1175 and one of our agents can get quotes from most of the top RV insurance comapnies, including Progressive."

From DMV.org
"Most insurance companies will honor windshield replacement auto claims if you carry comprehensive insurance.
Comprehensive, for the sake of clarity, covers you against "non-collision" car damage. This includes fire, theft, vandalism, and accidental occurrences. Hitting an elk, having an oak tree topple on to your car in a windstorm, or having a pebble crack your windshield all fit in the accidental occurrences category.
Before buying comprehensive coverage, be sure that it specifically covers windshield repair and replacement. Even if you read the words "glass replacement," inquire if it is all inclusive. Glass replacement on some comprehensive protection plans only covers the side and back windows, but not the windshield."

Camper2209
Explorer
Explorer
Bobojay. Any idea what is causing the windshield issues? Is it stress related or are they positioned right to be rock magnets? Thanks

Camper2209
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck, thanks for the additional info about progressive. It prompted me to call them. While not as good as the original replacement coverage. I am good with the replacement of same or actual purchase price

Chuck_Sorensen
Explorer
Explorer
Hi –

Thank you for the heads up about Progressive Insurance. I checked my policy and they have indeed changed their Total Loss Replacement / Purchase Price Coverage to something less desirable than what they offered before my renewal. Now, if I read the California 05/11 policy weasel words correctly, Progressive will pay “actual cash value” if the RV is totaled during the first five model years, unless you opt to replace it. If you opt to replace it, Progressive will help you find and pay for a new replacement RV no older than the one you lost. After five years, Progressive will still pay the original purchase price for totaled RVs; whether or not you replace it.

Chuck Sorensen
Buellton, California
2012 PW Ford Excel TS

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Farm & City Insurance agency in Forest City, Ia. They hooked us up with an RV speciality ins. company. Great rates, replacement cost, windshield coverage, (needed with a Sprinter).
We've had 2 windshield claims over the last 3 years with no hassle whatsoever. We're happy with their coverages and price.
By the way, their rate was cheaper than Progressive, Geico, Good Sam (ridiculously high), State Farm (also ridiculous) and Allstate
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
I saved a lot of money switching from Allstate to The Hartford thru AARP.

Jim

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam (GMAC) Full replacement, and they specialize in RV's.

Camper2209
Explorer
Explorer
Geico states on the web that they do replacement but when I called for a rv quote, same as all the car insurance quote, it is actual value, not replacement cost as advertised 😞

Camper2209
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the replies so far.
Progressive is only 1 year replacement.

E-insurance vs real insurance, can you expand on that comment a little. I do not get what you are implying. Thanks

Shearwater
Explorer
Explorer
We have insurance with Progressive and I believe that it includes replacement coverage.
Advanced RV Sprinter

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Do yourself a favor and call a real insurance company not an e-insurance. Better rates and FAR better coverage and a human being to talk to when you need them. Just saying.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Might check with GEICO. Make -sure- to ask for RV insurance, not auto insurance, because just vehicle insurance covers only the chassis.