cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Intellitec Climate Control Thermistor

homerbw
Explorer
Explorer
How likely is it that this thermistor could fail? What problems would you see if one or two of them failed?
2000 Pace Arrow Vision 36B, F53, 275hp Triton V10
8 REPLIES 8

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
Trackrig:
That is for a refer. Dinosaur electronics makes an adjustable add on thermistor control for some refers.
OP is dealing with AC unit.

My error, my mind was still on a post about a refer problem.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Trackrig:
That is for a refer. Dinosaur electronics makes an adjustable add on thermistor control for some refers.
OP is dealing with AC uunit.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
Trackrig wrote:
Ours failed. I installed an aftermarket one that was adjustable - much better. It's a cheap and easy install.

Bill

Where did you find an aftermarket Temp Thermistor that is adjustable? Doug

I knew someone was going to ask that question. I'm going to have to do some digging. We ordered and bought an interior refrigerator fan unit off of someone in Arizona and they recommended the adjustable thermistor which we then ordered from another person. Will post it when I find it.

I just went and entered adjustable thermistor in Google and it came up with several of them. I think this is the one I bought.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
homerbw wrote:
How likely is it that this thermistor could fail? What problems would you see if one or two of them failed?

VERY rare for them to fail. You could have short cycling. Failure of the compressor to come on. Failure of the compressor to shut OFF. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Trackrig wrote:
Ours failed. I installed an aftermarket one that was adjustable - much better. It's a cheap and easy install.

Bill

Where did you find an aftermarket Temp Thermister that is adjustable? Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
A. Check the installation of the Temp probes. The front probe should be connected to J1 and the
rear probe to J4 on the Thermostat. If OK, measure the resistance of the Temp Probe at the
connector. Resistance should be 7,500 to 15,000 Ohms. If not:
1. Replace Temp Probe.
2. Replace ECC Thermostat. Doug

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II

Bill

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would guess not very often will it fail. This manual has testing.
Manual
What kind of problems are you having.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker