cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Service Experience

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
A week or so ago we took the MH to Pacific Truck in Coburg, OR for a complete fluids change including switching to ELC coolant. BTW, they really are a class outfit, Very careful, clean, and quick. Considering that the coolant change is quite involved they did the whole jog about 5 hours.

But....isn't there also a "But", when I went to check out I noticed a charge for 42 qts of oil. Interesting since the C-12 hold 36 qts. To their credit, they immediately sent a tech out to double check and yep, I was overfull. 5 qts were drained out before the level was correct (the dipstick is calibrated).

Turns out, the tech that did the oil change was told it was a C-13 engine which does hold more oil.

I'm not sure what would have happened if it hadn't been caught but I suspect it would have been messy.

That issue aside, I would still recommend them to anyone for service.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad
2 REPLIES 2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
A "Tech" does NOT have to be told how much of anything IF he is qualified to do the work. Besides, HE should have checked the Dipstick once the job was done. Sorry, but this type of mistake is NOT a normal mistake at a "class outfit". Doug

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing. Did you post it on RV Service Reviews?