Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dish programming

I've been seeing advertising for a new Dish programming package called Flex Pack. Using the website, I tried to change my programming but the site doesn't list it. So I emailed the support group and received the following. "This package contains 50+ ...

Typical Class C GAS mileage

All,I am sure this question has been asked many times. But, I could not find anything using 'SEARCH' that was pertinent.We considered a Class A. But, maneuverability and gas mileage considerations has changed my mind.Our purpose for this vehicle wi...

Joe_T_ by Explorer
  • 58 replies
  • 0 likes

GAWR - Spartan rating vs. Axle mfr rating...

Hey gang,I'm looking at a 2009 Newmar Dutchstar with a Spartan chassis...It has a 20,000lb rating from Spartan, and I called to confirm that with the fine folks at Spartan... They checked the build sheet and doubly confirmed the rating.I looked up th...

Automotion Shades (AMS)

Driving 65 mph on a Florida toll road today my dual manual roller shade came detached from it's ceiling mounting bracket and fell from the side window at my left arm. Anybody know where I can get technical info on how to reinstall it. The tension s...

How to document a "deposit" on a private party sale?

Helping a good friend who lost her husband just before Christmas - she is selling her motor home and I am handling all the contact with "prospects". Showing the unit tomorrow and if they want to purchase, what is the proper documentation for taking ...

tyoungs by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Chevolet P30 Shocks

I have a 1996 Bounder that the front air bags were cracked and would not hold air when I bought the coach. The front bumper was 12" off the ground. After replacing the bags and putting 70psi of air in them the front bumper is now 14.5" inches off the...

bjarnold by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

refrigerator not working

I have a 2017 jayco class c redhawk.While running on generator power the lights dim off and on,the refrigerator is on and not getting cold and a noise coming from the bottom of the ref. Does the invertor have to be on?

rvangel by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Tires

How to determine when to replace tires????We have a 2011 Pheaton with less than 20,000 miles. Unit stored inside when not on the road. original tires look good with adequate treads.Recently, it was suggested I should consider replacing because of a...

paparry by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

slide issue

i own a 2009 haulmark super c that has a large living room slide that doesnt like to come in always.have new 6 v batteries ,new slide motor and relay.have checked and soldered all connections that i can.the problem happens when the slide goes out it ...

hoffy by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Continuing to think about down sizing...need comments:

My wife is not comfortable (if fact won't) driving our class A Itasca. For that reason, we've (about) decided to down size to a smaller class C. We're looking at a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite and a 2017 Thor Gemini. I recognize that these are basically e...

ABS data connector

I have a 2003 Gulfstream Sun Voyager on a Workhorse chassis. The ABS light came on and I stopped at a repair facility to have the code checked, but we can't find the plug to hook the scanner to. Does anybody know where it would be located? Thanks.

dtrink by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Medical coverage while in Canada

We expect to spend about a month or so in Canada this summer visiting Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. Our primary medical coverage is through Medicare with a United Health care supplement. Wondering what other travellers do for coverage while out of th...