cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jensen head unit playing DVD on TV in Jayco Greyhawk

ever1ast15
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. I am out camping and trying to get a movie to play on my TV. I put the DVD into my Jensen head unit and I can't get it to come up on TV. Only on the small head unit screeen. Does anyone know how to get movie on TV?
Regards,
JT
6 REPLIES 6

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
mgirardo wrote:
In our 2009 Greyhawk, we have to change the input on the TV to access what is playing on the DVD Player. Our TV has 6 inputs, our DVD player was Input 1. Look behind the TV and see which input it used, or just hit the Input or Source button on the TV remote until you see the DVD playing.

If it doesn't play on the TV at all, the RCA or HDMI cable may have come unplugged from the head unit or possibly it was never connected. Just pull the head unit and check the connections.

-Michael

^This. Just re-read the OP.
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
In our 2009 Greyhawk, we have to change the input on the TV to access what is playing on the DVD Player. Our TV has 6 inputs, our DVD player was Input 1. Look behind the TV and see which input it used, or just hit the Input or Source button on the TV remote until you see the DVD playing.

If it doesn't play on the TV at all, the RCA or HDMI cable may have come unplugged from the head unit or possibly it was never connected. Just pull the head unit and check the connections.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Which Jensen model (so I can look at the model and paperwork).
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K

ever1ast15
Explorer
Explorer
The TV already has connection running into HDMI so it has to be coming from somewhere. The only DVD player is in the dash. Has to be configured through there somehow.
Regards,
JT

Steve_83406
Explorer
Explorer
On my Pioneer, all I have to do is run a RCA cable between the head unit's video out jack and the TV's composite video input.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never had any luck with those ALL IN ONE units as well. Mine has the DVD player vertical... You know that is going to work good for a long time. We just picked up a cheap DVD player from WALMART that had the three cords RED WHITE and YELLOW outputs and plugged into the amplifer system of the TV set...

All of our HDTV sets has those connections in the back of them...

Been working without issues for several years now...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS