cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

KingQuest for DirecTV

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
CW has a sale on KingQuest automatic satellite system for $439...a price I might be able to live with.

They say it is compatible with a D12 SD box...which I have.

Anyone have one...any opinions...is it a good long lasting product? Presumably easy to setup?

I've heard tho, that in 2019 the SD satellite (110?)will no longer be in service and that everything on DirecTV will then be HD. Any fact to that?...and if so, will my SD D-12 be usable?

((I don't want to spend 400 bucks on something that will be obsolete within a year or so.))
8 REPLIES 8

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know why anyone would want to watch SD anyway.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Total waste of money. Direct is dropping SD programing within the next couple of years. Then it will be a boat anchor.

Wrong!!!!
tucker the fishing dog

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Direct TV is not dropping standard def. This is such a bull%^&$ rumor
tucker the fishing dog

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not a total waste of money. A good antenna for the DirecTV (101) satellite which "currently" broadcasts the duplicate SD channels. It's unlikely that DTV will give up the best orbital slot for US customers and it's unlikely that DTV will change to something other than the current KU band broadcast (read.....all new antennas required for EVERY DTV customer) so now the question is what is going to happen to the 101 KU band broadcast.
If you only get 2 years use from the antenna you will still have had 2 good years of watching satellite TV.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Total waste of money. Direct is dropping SD programing within the next couple of years. Then it will be a boat anchor.

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
jerseyjim wrote:
CW has a sale on KingQuest automatic satellite system for $439...a price I might be able to live with.

They say it is compatible with a D12 SD box...which I have.

Anyone have one...any opinions...is it a good long lasting product? Presumably easy to setup?

I've heard tho, that in 2019 the SD satellite (110?)will no longer be in service and that everything on DirecTV will then be HD. Any fact to that?...and if so, will my SD D-12 be usable?

((I don't want to spend 400 bucks on something that will be obsolete within a year or so.))

amazon has it for $395 but I went with dish paid 440$ money with the receiver and it gets all HD tv Much better than SD

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
DTV dropping SD service
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman