cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Temporary Holding Tank

rustell
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I will soon be living full time in our 29' class C...on site while our new home is being built.. As an alternative to moving the RV twice a week to dump, we are considering renting a large holding tank from a Port-a-Potty company. Anybody have any experience with this idea?

http://www.directrentalservice.com/large-holding-tank/
4 REPLIES 4

rustell
Explorer
Explorer
Update...We are now living on site where our new home will be.
The "Porta-Potty" people delivered this along with the sani-can.
250 gallons and they will pump it when they service the toilet.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
rustell wrote:
My wife and I will soon be living full time in our 29' class C...on site while our new home is being built.. As an alternative to moving the RV twice a week to dump, we are considering renting a large holding tank from a Port-a-Potty company. Anybody have any experience with this idea?

CLICKY!
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a port-a-potty on site, they will normally dump the RV for a small fee each time they also dump he portapotty.

As for the grey water, if you can dump it into the septic system, that would be perfect, otherwise conside a macerator pump, and you can go uphill about 15' with that, and horizontal as far as needed to reach a septic inlet or a sewer drain clean out. In fact if you can use the septic system, why not start using it now?

Where I just moved from, I had 30' of drain piping, with a tee in the middle, and burried it about 12" in the sand. I drained the grey water into it for 4 years, and never had a problem with it. THe drain piping I found at Home Depot, it is white and has pre-drilled holes in it every 4" or so. Really cheap too, only about $35 invested in the whole thing. Great for gray water, but not the black stuff, the port-a-potty company can get rid of the black stuff every week or two.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
We use similar routinely during major disasters for the temporary storage of grey water only. I've ordered them for portable shower units, laundry units, and for hand washing stations as recently as last Fall, in response to Hurricane Sandy.

I've never seen them used for black water.
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB