cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leveling Holiday Rambler Neptune motorhome

etruitt
Explorer
Explorer
With this motorhome you shut down the engine, run out the slides, dump the air with the ignition on, restart the engine to use the leveling system. My question is: you dump the air so the jacks don't have to travel as far but when you restart the engine does that not cause the air system to air back up refilling the bags and all fairly quickly?
09 Holiday Rambler Neptune DP 35' 340HP Cummins 6 spd Allison Tranny
04 Dodge CTD LB 4WD, 6 sp,QC. 08 SunLite Eagle WS Popup TC.
Just me and DW on the road every chance we get!
15 REPLIES 15

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
LPC wrote:
I'm having trouble with our LCI on 2009 Monaco Holiday rambler Neptune 37PBQ, when I turn pad on the light stays on for me to engage park brake but the park brake is on and I tried resetting by holding down all arrows but it didn't work , and the auto or manual light will not come on , any suggestions?? All Jack's or up and I can't level .

If the chassis Park Brake light is ON but the Jack system states it is NOT on, then the wire from the Chassis park Brake switch is not connected to the LCI system. The wire has come off or has a fault. Doug

LPC
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having trouble with our LCI on 2009 Monaco Holiday rambler Neptune 37PBQ, when I turn pad on the light stays on for me to engage park brake but the park brake is on and I tried resetting by holding down all arrows but it didn't work , and the auto or manual light will not come on , any suggestions?? All Jack's or up and I can't level .

etruitt
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, In spite of living all my life (except for the military) in NC We have never been to the OBX. Hopefully after this trip we can get to the OBX. I would really appreciate your help with this coach. This is our first adventure with a Motorhome. Been RV'ing for about 7-10 years but with travel trailers, 5th wheels and truck campers. We try to go Xcountry at least once a year. Health problems lead us to a motorhome and we hope it will last us a long time. This is a new adventure as we are also traveling with our dog for the first time and going Xcountry on a trip that will take 2 to 3 months depending on what we want to see. Hopefully having trailing arms installed next week then heading out for Oregon right after that. If all goes well probably be back around 1st of October. This is also our first trip with our dog. With a wedding involved in this trip it should be an interesting journey. Since our current vehicles are not towable (98 Astro AWD van and 04 Dodge 2500 6 spd CTD 4WD quadcab LB truck we will not be towing a toad (rent vehicle when we get there) this will be quite an adventure. Hope to hear from you when we get back!!!

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
If you ever come to the OBX, I would love to give you a full walk through of your coach...I know every nook and cranny of my coach..(at least 90% anyway)....I also go to Raleigh at least once a week, PM me if you are near Raleigh and I can help you there as well....I know you have the CD but need an orientation with this one...Despite the trailing arm issue, once solved...you will enjoy your coach..
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

etruitt
Explorer
Explorer
If we are level where we are without the leveling system can we just camp there and not dump the air or use the leveling system, especially if leaving the slides in as in parking lots or level spots in campground (in this case we would want the slides out)??

etruitt
Explorer
Explorer
Per the owners manual: Apply park brake, put in Neutral, lower air suspension by stepping on brake several times until air pressure is below 60 psi, with ignition on push and hold air dump switch to lower the suspension,start engine. The engine must be running for the leveling system to operate, turn on control pad, push auto button to level, when level turn system off, turn off ignition switch. Haven't tried it yet. Last time I leveled it I didn't dump the air. (Didn't know I was supposed to). Trailing arms won't be delivered until Tuesday so I am just waiting to get that taken care of before doing anything else. Also waiting for Duke power to move power line which is in the way of easily getting in and out of the driveway/yard. Tempted to but don't want to tear it down. Also I don't know why but I thought that 2009 was the last model year for the Neptune!?

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 Holiday Rambler Neptune . When leveling the MH, I turn the key to on, dump the air, crank the engine and level the MH while still holding down the dump switch. The air will build back to 65 lbs but will not go any higher as long as the dump switch is held down.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are different systems used by Monaco. My 09 Scepter with air leveling doesn't dump the air before leveling for which I'm glad. Doing so would twist the frame in a site that is not flat (ie not in a plane). Instead it starts leveling from the parked position raising and lowering the corners with the engine running. After that it does periodically check and relevel but can be turned off.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"etruitt"......First, you don't have air leveling on your coach. You have a three point jack system.

Monaco recommended that the engine should be running to help supply extra power to the batteries. Often, people dry camp for a few days, run their batteries down and then try and bring in their slides. It causes issues and the slides may not operate correctly.

If you pull into a campground with a full charge, you won't have issues putting out the slides, dumping the air and then leveling. A better way to do it and is easier on your back, is to park the coach in the campsite, connect your power cord, water and sewer while the slides are still in. Then do your slide out and leveling procedure.

Now here is another trick with the Monaco's. You may have noticed that when you get ready to leave and you retract your jacks, the coach falls quickly and sometimes violently. Instead of retracting the jacks, start the engine and let the air bags air up. This will gently lift the coach in the air and the jacks off of the ground. Once the coach is aired up, retract the jacks, you'll never feel them. Turn the coach off, bring in the slides and then disconnect your utilities.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

etruitt
Explorer
Explorer
To executive: I have no idea if it is stabilizer jacks or an air leveling system. It works from the drivers seat. It is a 3 jack system with 4 air bags. Out first motorhome and I hope the last. As far as we are concerned this is luxury for us compared to what we have had in the past. In the owners manual it did not say anything about re leveling itself later on. By the way your motorhome is a beautiful rig. Happy travels and enjoy retirement!!

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
This may sound dumb, but to the OP....are you using stabilizer jacks or an air leveling system?

If you're using an air leveling system, your coach will dump and re level itself after about 30 minutes.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
For my 04 Monaco said they installed the slides at ride height and the rig should be at ride height when the slides move. With the 3 point ride height system this ensures that there is no frame twist which might otherwise occur with the jacks deployed. But with the safety interlock of the ignition the procedure is a mess.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I know this design well of the LCI leveling system....LCI has the system running at 13.6 volts or you get a low voltage lights..

Get to site, put out slides...start engine...use air dump key to dump air down to 65 and get the low air bells, then touch auto level....Use parking brake lever by pushing it a bit and you will hear out of it...the air will go down very quickly and faster than the engine compressor can pump it back up....Once you get the solid green (not flashing) LCI light on you are level and shut it down..

when leaving, start up engine, air up to 110 psi, retract levelers with engine running, shut off engine, bring in slides..

Hell of an inefficient design, but it works, some people use the battery bridge switch and sometimes you can do the LCI using both sets of batteries, but I run the engine as in the owners manual.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

etruitt
Explorer
Explorer
That is what I thought but in the owners manual it says "the engine must be running for the leveling system to operate." I guess I will have to be quick!