cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leveling jacks

Wijames
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see leveling jacks on any of the Class C's around here. Do many of you use them and if so do you carry portables of attach them to the frame?

Thanks
20 REPLIES 20

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to have them on our 30 ft. Class C but the price quotes run well over $3000 so will do without.
Jayco-noslide

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
On the larger C's, 29-32' I can see where a lot of folks feel the need for levelers. On the smaller C's 19 - 25', not so much. On our 24 footer it is just too easy to simply place one or two Leggo blocks under one side or the other. Yes you need to block both the duals when lifting one side and I have never needed to go more than more than two blocks high. Simply pushing a button is easy but often you need to get down on your hands and knees to make sure they are properly/securely set anyway.

Salesmen love to push levelers. They are a very high markup/profit/commission item. The irony of folks spending 3 to $4K+ on a set of levelers is that they don't always work. Leveling systems are often problematic at best and like slides, sooner or later they will give you trouble. Walk through any campground and check the rigs with levelers. I'll bet you find at least half that have blocks under the levelers. Given the ridiculous cost, the added weight that comes right out of your payload and the simplicity of just putting down a couple of blocks I really just don't see the need.

As always.... Opinions and YMMV.

:C

DocP
Explorer
Explorer
I, too, have the HWH automatic levelers on my 2016 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DSF. I had the dealer install them prior to delivery. At 61 years old I was getting kind of tired of carrying a lot of blocks and doing the "manual thing." My first time using them was this past weekend, but as luck would have it, my lot was sloping and the HWH levelers could not automatically level the unit (you get an "excess slope" message). Fortunately, I did have some spare "Lego" leveling blocks with me, and was able to take up some of the slope with them. I then had to use the "manual leveling" mode, which worked fine.

I'm hoping that the next camping lot I pick is level, so I can see what $4,500 spent on the auto-level system bought me! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Michael & Anne
Retired and loving it!
Macedonia, OH

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I added jacks to my second motorhome, ordered the third with them on it from the factory. worth every penny. before I got them I felt so bad with the wife out in the rain and mud setting the blocks, and me screaming at her "No, your other left".

bumpy

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
What class C do you have.?
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning. We have a 31 foot Itasca class C with HWH automatic levelers on it. They were installed by a dealer and are permanently mounted to the frame. They work great, no more wood blocks or other stuff. pull in, push the button, and done. They do reduce your weight carrying capacity somewhat but I think its was worth the tradeoff.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272