cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liesure Travel Vans

larnbarb
Explorer
Explorer
I saw with interest the post asking folks with similar RV s to respond to the question how many of are there? I very seldom see anything about Liesure Travel Vans, specifically the Libero model which is on the Chevey chassis. Is that because Libero owners don't have anything to say or there just aren't that many of them? Obliged to hear from some of you.
5 REPLIES 5

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We like the Leisure Travel Vans....but unfortunately there are not so many dealers that carry them.

Here's the listing of dealers for our location in NC.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

dacar
Explorer
Explorer
more info here: http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

most of the conversation is about Unity model

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
Being a follower of Leisure Travel in general, I can say with a little knowledge about them that the Libero is a fairly scarce model in comparison to the Sprinter models of Leisure.
The Libero floor plan has been kind of left by the wayside in Leisure's scheme of things, with not a whole lot of change over the last few years. Now whether this is from lack of demand, or hard to get Chevy chassis from restricted GM production, can't say. I suspect it's both.
I talked to a couple this last spring down in Florida that had just picked up a new one a couple days earlier that really loved their new Libero, (no issues found so far in 1000 miles), however I was astonished at what they paid for it which I thought was way excessive. But that's the Leisure Travel mystique working there I guess.
Really nice looking coach.....

There Sprinter based Models look very nice, probably the neatest NA C's I have seen. Possibly a toss up with Coachhouse

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder why LTV doesn't offer the Libero on an opfional Ford E350/E450 chassis .... that is, if the Chevy chassis is difficult to come by?

The Libero looks like a sweet little rig. Great tank capacities. Just the right length for getting into just about any campsite. The Standard floor plan for it is a classic one and superb for two people. The outer shell design looks to be just about leakproof.

The Libero a may be a close competitor to Coach House in features and design. A 4X4 version of the Libero could even turn out to be capable of some pretty decent off-pavement camping, for it's size.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Being a follower of Leisure Travel in general, I can say with a little knowledge about them that the Libero is a fairly scarce model in comparison to the Sprinter models of Leisure.
The Libero floor plan has been kind of left by the wayside in Leisure's scheme of things, with not a whole lot of change over the last few years. Now whether this is from lack of demand, or hard to get Chevy chassis from restricted GM production, can't say. I suspect it's both.
I talked to a couple this last spring down in Florida that had just picked up a new one a couple days earlier that really loved their new Libero, (no issues found so far in 1000 miles), however I was astonished at what they paid for it which I thought was way excessive. But that's the Leisure Travel mystique working there I guess.
Really nice looking coach.....
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van