cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lifting or Leveling a Class B van

arm
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone here raised their Class B 2" to 3" and if so how did you do it?
I travel a few back roads and boondock at times and with the generator under the van I have to be quite careful.

I have considered at least 2" blocks on rear spring mounts and a 2" leveling spring spacer on the front. New AT tires have given me about 3/4" but I need a little more.

Interested to hear if you have done it, how it worked out, or if you have any thoughts/suggestions on the subject.

Thanks in advance.
2011 Roadtrek 190 Versatile
1996 Roadtrek 190 Popular
1990 Dodge 2500 conversion
1982 Dodge 1500 conversion
6 REPLIES 6

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
arm wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion on air shocks. I will look into that and it may be an option. I have used air bags for the rear in the past.(on last roadtrek 190P)
There are air bags in the back of our LTV but they are more for stiffening the suspension instead of increasing road clearance. Our LTV is on a Sprinter chassis though and it has a good road clearance to begin with. But I did drag the frame once (minor damage fortunately) returning to a road that had an uphill to the road shoulder and I drove back up the shoulder at an angle that was inappropriate. Part of my learning something new every day. ๐Ÿ˜ž
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

arm
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestion on air shocks. I will look into that and it may be an option. I have used air bags for the rear in the past.(on last roadtrek 190P)

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
What about adding air leveling shocks like Firestone? You could air these up for added clearance when needed and air down when not needed. This shouldn't give you a harsher ride when at normal height.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
New springs. Add a leaf in the rear.

arm
Explorer
Explorer
The spring swap or 2" block works for the rear, but just returned from the shop and they said the longer front coil would reduce the travel of upper control arm and clearance from the frame by too much (on the 2011 express). Some other years would be fine. They are looking at a drop spindle for the front. Will see what they come up with, and post it.

Spring swap is a good suggestion.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why not swap out springs and coils?