cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights in storage compartment.

billhrln
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 92 Pace Arrow 35' by Fleetwood. There is no power to the lights in the storage compartments. I cannot locate the power source or fuses. Does any one have a clue where they might be located?
6 REPLIES 6

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
FuzzyKnight wrote:
Fire up
Look on the dash. There is a switch labeled Utility lights. This is the one that puts power to the compartment lights.
Or at least it does on our 94 Pace Arrow.

Hey FuzzyKnight,
Santee huh? You're right down the street from us. Cool. Anyway, I was only mentioning that the last coach we had, had a "Utility" light on the drivers side that did have the controlling switch on the dash but, the Utility light on our present coach, the Itasca, is contolled by a switch in either the water/dump compartment or, the electrical hookup compartment. And, the compartment lights on the Bounder were "single switch" controlled, just inside the door. Whereas the compartment lights in our Itasca are individually controlled by opening each compartment door separately. I like that system way better than the single switch one.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

FuzzyKnight
Explorer
Explorer
Fire up
Look on the dash. There is a switch labeled Utility lights. This is the one that puts power to the compartment lights.
Or at least it does on our 94 Pace Arrow.
Fuzzy and Mary
1994 Pace Arrow 33
1928 Model A
1953 Ford Club Coupe
1963 1/2 Falcon Ranchero Original factory V8 4 spd
1963 Fairlane SportsCoupe
1965 Honda SuperHawk

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, double post.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
KI60ND

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
My 97 Bounder has a master switch near the passenger door, it is yellow. When it is on, then there is 12 volt power to the basement lights.

It is in the same rack of lights as the door switch, ouside porch light.

Funny thing is Fleetwood put a 12 volt porch light on the drivers side. Only switch for that is on the dash.

Your wiring might be the same.

Fred.

Fred,
That "Porch" light you mention was also installed in our previous coach, a '99 Fleetwood Bounder 34V. I think it's called a "Courtesy" light and for lack of any other reason, it's used for multiple purposes on the drivers side like performing hookups or, disconnecting them at night, getting into the DS compartments without tripping over obstacles. We also have the same light in our present coach, an '04 Itasca Horizon with the C-7 330 CAT. The difference between the two rigs is, I can turn that light off and on from two different utility compartments on that side, the water/hookup and the electrical compartments.

As for the OP, Yep, the Bounder had a single switch that turned them all on. If yours is the same, you'll have to start at that switch or, find the fuse(s) for that system. Good luck.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
KI60ND

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
My 97 Bounder has a master switch near the passenger door, it is yellow. When it is on, then there is 12 volt power to the basement lights.

It is in the same rack of lights as the door switch, ouside porch light.

Funny thing is Fleetwood put a 12 volt porch light on the drivers side. Only switch for that is on the dash.

Your wiring might be the same.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com