cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Location of Dionostic Plug to reset check engine light

wildcat72
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Itasca Sunrise made by Winnabego, its on a Workhorse chassis with a 454 engine, Class A, 33ft long. I talked to the mechanic who recently serviced it and he said everything was good on it, I drove it down from Carson City Nv., to Humboldt,Az., unfortunately he lives in Carson City and I live in Humboldt. Any ideas where the plug is located?
8 REPLIES 8

ILVMYGT
Explorer
Explorer
If you have an Android Smart phone you can use a Torque App and EML327 bluetooth reader to read and reset the codes. Torque App also provides you with a full range of engine parameters. You can build an instrument panel with it. I use to accurately track water temperature and boost in one of my cars.

Google EML 327 for the reader. They range for $10 to $100. The cheaper ones sometimes have more trouble connecting to the phone. The reader is good for OBD 2 systems (1996 and latter engines)

The Torque App has both a free version and a $5 version with more data.
2000 Country Coach Magna
CAT 385HP Allison 6sp
1998 Saturn SW2

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can RESET my faults by removing the negative battery terminal and then turning on something to give a battery drain like the headlights or something...

Wait about a minute and then turns things back off again and hookup the negative battery terminal...

You can also go to some auto parts places and they will check your system for free and reset things as well. Of course you probably would want to buy something from them then haha...

On my F150 truck if I took it in to the shop do this three minute job it would cost me $90

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2004 Workhorse the diagnostic plug is on the left side of the steering column almost up behind the dash.

Hard to see.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
Check engine light can be reset by having a drain on the battery (play radio) and disconnecting chassis battery for a few minutes.

jluke
Explorer
Explorer
With many chassis, the manufacturers attach the OBD plug to the side of the steering column under the plastic cowling. The body company can then place it where they like. On many, it was never moved and the first time you need it, you have to remove the cownling to find it and can then mount it to a more convenient location. That's the way it was on mine.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my 2005 Workhorse based Class C it is located under the dash,left of steering wheel just above emergency brake pedal

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Steering column above the brake pedal.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker