cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lubing leveling jacks

fizikpal
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced my old levelers (of unknown make and model) with BAL 24002D Levelers. It is a very easy job for those who have been thinking of it.

My question is... what is the best lube to put on the levelers? Dry Silicon? White grease?

Any suggestions are welcomed.
The Lynch's
2002 Shasta Cheyenne 308
TOAD: 2003 Honda Civic
Sterling Tow Bar with Brake Buddy
5 REPLIES 5

fizikpal
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoyed the history lesson. Always wondered how it was named.

Powerwashing is a good idea. I'll remember to do that next time I do the deck.
The Lynch's
2002 Shasta Cheyenne 308

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
WD-40 stands for Warter Displacement, the number is the 40th time that the formula was redone to obtain the correct or wanted results, and over time it creates a gray sticky film that atracts dirt, it was created for the U.S.Navy to guess what? "displace water", it is not a lubricant use the silicone, I use dry graffite on my jacks and once a year I power wash them, 12 years and no problems.

navegator

Grandpa_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I use Silicone spray on the shafts on our Big Foot systems before retracting.

fizikpal
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info.

I will be using the silicon.
The Lynch's
2002 Shasta Cheyenne 308

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
No one has attempted to answer your question, so I'll try and help by sharing what little I've learned.

I have a 20 year old HWH system that works great. I've lubricated the jacks with silicone spray (not WD-40)for over 10 years. My understanding is the WD-40 will react with the seals somehow, but I don't recall where I learned that warning. Apparently the silicone spray hasn't had any effect on my HWH system.

White grease is probably a very good lubricant, but may attract dust and dirt. I don't know about dry silicon.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow