cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magik's Class A

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I got my Class C out of storage 2 weeks ago then bought a 25' Class A. It is a 1993 Damon Challenger and has a fuel injected 454 Chevy engine with overdrive transmission. We went to Willow River State Park in Hudson, WI with friends for our maiden voyage. Everything went well. We put on 350 miles for the test run. It tachs 2100 at 69 mph. Here is a picture of it next to the other one. It is only 2 feet longer.

94 REPLIES 94

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I flushed then filled the water system. I adjusted the air pressure in all the tires and air bags. I took it for a 4 day 500 mile trip.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I exercised the generator, lit all burners on the stove, ran the furnace then ran the refrigerator on electric and gas. All worked perfectly. As soon as it warms up, I will check the water system. I also vacuumed the interior.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
It has always handled great. The spacers had no effect on the handling. I added them so I could use readily available 235/85R16 tires.

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
Did the dually spacers improve the handling of the motorhome?
Jim & Sherri
02 Winnebago Sightseer 27c Class A;
"Scout" Springer Spaniel, gone but not forgotten;
"Boo" Chocolate Labradoodle.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I got it out of storage today. The engine started and the tires had air in them. Sitting since November, this is good.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
Last month, the supply fitting on my water tank cracked so I had to replace the tank. Today, I winterized the RV.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
hershey wrote:
Both are really nice looking RVs.
X-2

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I have 7000+ miles on the spacers. I am running Firestone Transforce HT 235X85X16 tires. I run them at 65 psi. I am satisfied with the tire's performance.

Itasca55
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for info now it opens up the tire size I can use. How many miles do you have on rig with spacers installed. I bought hankook f19 7.50 16 G's last time . I been liking these I run about 65psi in them there radials and pretty stiff tire keeps wonder to a minimum.

Itasca55

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
Itasca55 wrote:
I been following your nice work . Everything looks great. I was wondering how them spacers worked out between the duels . Did you have to put longer studs in to use the spacers ? Thanks for any info .

Itasca55

They have been working great without any issues. I used my original studs. I bought them from the web site in the link below. Fred was friendly and helpful.

http://wheeladapter.com/

Itasca55
Explorer
Explorer
I been following your nice work . Everything looks great. I was wondering how them spacers worked out between the duels . Did you have to put longer studs in to use the spacers ? Thanks for any info .

Itasca55

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
The water pump needed to be replaced and the rest was preventative maintenance. The Shurflo water pump directions recommend a flexible supply line so I changed out the rigid line.

D_J_Wade
Explorer
Explorer
magik235 wrote:
I changed the water supply line fitting on the water tank, the water supply line and the water pump.

What, no pictures? Just kidding. Was you updating them or where they damaged?

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I changed the water supply line fitting on the water tank, the water supply line and the water pump.