cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturer poor quality control caused a flood

Jw4fun
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, just wondered if anyone had had to deal with flooding because the manufacturer never installed a cover plate under a shower in a wheel well. We were flooded 3 times as the tires spayed rain water into the coach through a one foot square hole.

We have all kinds of crud inside the coach, and it soaked into cabinets, under cabinets and into the walls.

What recourse might I have, the coach is just 6 months old.

Thanks everyone.
37 REPLIES 37

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Just do not use the phrase "FLOOD" to anyone you expect to pay.
It is a "plumbing failure that caused water damage".

A flood would be external rising water coming in such as during a storm.

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Jw4fun wrote:
wildmanbaker wrote:
You have a raised platform MH, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure how water got into the floor area, as you have a subfloor in the basement area. Are you sure the water is not from a roof leak or sidewall leak? It could be traveling down a wall to the floor area.

The floor above the wheel well is the same floor as we walk on inside. The hole leads directly ouside but is covered by the shower bottom so you cant see it.

Thanks for the clarifications. Good luck with the repairs and try to enjoy you MH.
Wildmanbaker

Jw4fun
Explorer
Explorer
wildmanbaker wrote:
You have a raised platform MH, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure how water got into the floor area, as you have a subfloor in the basement area. Are you sure the water is not from a roof leak or sidewall leak? It could be traveling down a wall to the floor area.

The floor above the wheel well is the same floor as we walk on inside. The hole leads directly ouside but is covered by the shower bottom so you cant see it.

Jw4fun
Explorer
Explorer
wildmanbaker wrote:
Just re-read your original post. If a cover is missing in the wheel well area, why did the dealer not cover this area of exposure? Or did the dealer not think that that was the problem? As others have said be nice and you will get better results. This should be fixable with little effort, unless other damage was done, when the actual problem is found.

Thanks, we only just found this cover was missing. Dealer is aranging for the unit to go back to Thor for repairs. They will provide a temporary cover before it leaves.

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Just re-read your original post. If a cover is missing in the wheel well area, why did the dealer not cover this area of exposure? Or did the dealer not think that that was the problem? As others have said be nice and you will get better results. This should be fixable with little effort, unless other damage was done, when the actual problem is found.
Wildmanbaker

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Wildmanbaker

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
If your problem can't be resolved call your Attn. Gen. Office a big part of there job is protecting consumers and helping consumers resolve problems.

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:

Listen King whoever
I read it and " laughed out loud" from his comment. Got it J*rk
The OP is fully in warranty and will be taken care of like 99% of the posts said. What more could anyone else further comment on other than what has been said.
Sorry I laughed at a comment.

Good one, because we all know name calling is always a convincing way to make your point.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Effy wrote:
sailor_lou wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
hanko wrote:
Jw4fun wrote:
Hi, its a Thor Challanger

figures

LOL

Not really funny and neither of your posts added any benefit.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

I've learned to ignore them. Some drink from the fountain of knowledge and some just gargle.

Confucius effy say never trust a fart when your over 70
LMAO....
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

FishOnOne
Nomad
Nomad
Effy wrote:
sailor_lou wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
hanko wrote:
Jw4fun wrote:

figures

LOL

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

I've learned to ignore them. Some drink from the fountain of knowledge and some just gargle.

LMAO....
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
sailor_lou wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
hanko wrote:
Jw4fun wrote:

figures

LOL

Not really funny and neither of you added anything to the conversation. I'm sure the OP appreciates your support.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Listen King whoever
I read it and " laughed out loud" from his comment. Got it J*rk
The OP is fully in warranty and will be taken care of like 99% of the posts said. What more could anyone else further comment on other than what has been said.
Sorry I laughed at a comment.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
sailor_lou wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
hanko wrote:
Jw4fun wrote:

figures

LOL

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

2013 ACE 29.2

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:
hanko wrote:
Jw4fun wrote:

figures

LOL

Not really funny and neither of you added anything to the conversation. I'm sure the OP appreciates your support.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
hanko wrote:
Jw4fun wrote:

figures

LOL
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter