cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MIchelin Tire Recall Replacement Question

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
When you had the tires replaced under the recall did the tire shop charge you for anything ? IE mount balance etc ?
21 REPLIES 21

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Droptop351 wrote:
I wasnt aware of any recalls on the michelins do you have any other information on which ones are affected?

Only certain sizes and serial numbers are affected. Look at this to find out if you have a claim.
http://www.michelinman.com/US/en/help/safety-recalls/latitude-tour.html
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

Droptop351
Explorer
Explorer
I wasnt aware of any recalls on the michelins do you have any other information on which ones are affected?

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
If you have already bought it then it is all irrelevant. Just consider what you have and make tire decisions based on that. It's pretty obvious that either the PO fed you a line or the tire dealer involved pulled some kind of fast one with the Michelin recall. Either way, I would just move on but be suspicious of the fact that some of the tires were mounted with date codes out and others with the date code in. I always ask specifically to have my tires mounted with the date codes out. Put on a work shirt and crawl under there with a flashlight. If the duals have the date codes turned toward it's twin then you may need a mirror. The importance of age relating to tire safety is common knowledge these days so when ordering tires don't feel bashful about letting the dealer know that you expect the tires to be fresh or no deal. If they seem upset, then you know they are not the dealer for you.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
I don't mean to be sarcastic, or disparaging, but why is the cost paid by the previous owner an issue?

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Wanted to hear what others have paid or NOT paid before I posted.

The previous owner had the recalled tires on his MH.
So the Tire shop instead of putting on 6 new Michelin's , they put on BFG Commercial T/A All Season 2's (maybe they were out of the Michelins ??)

When we looked at it to buy , he made the comment about having the tires just replaced under the recall.

When I mentioned they were BFG instead of the Michelin's he didn't have a clue nor realized it either.
That tells me the tire shop didn't inform him one way or the other.
On top of that the tire DOT dates were anywhere from 13 to 18 months old on these "new" tires.. 0316 and 5015 on the two front ones that I could see, the rears were flipped in so they didn't have the dates on that side of them.

After buying the MH from him I was going through the paperwork , found the receipt on the tires.
They charged him :
6 State required Environmental Fee 6 @$1.75 = $10.50
6 Adjustment/Bal 6 @ $16.00 = 96.00
6 Certificates (road hazard ) 6 @ $23.60 = $141.60

So he paid $248.10 out the door .
I could see (maybe) buying the certs (road hazard) for the $141.60
But not the other , that should have fallen on Michelin ...

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Got my 6 brand new LTX M/S 2's mounted/balanced for FREE!

Got the recall notice about 6 months after buying our coach.:B

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
I paid $0 at Costco for 6 fresh ones.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida