cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microwave gone???

kitch251
Explorer
Explorer
Our 8 year old Sharpe microwave/convection may have bit the bullet. This oven came with our new 06 Phaeton. Lately there has been a noise and today it stopped after a very loud noise and cut off. It tripped the invertor switch, so I reset this switch and tried again and got the same results. The fan, light and clock work but the oven will not come on. Is it time to replace it and if so, how do I remove the unit?

Jim
3 REPLIES 3

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a high voltage diode and capacitor inside. Typically the diode goes bad, but I have had some capacitors go also. Costs about $25 for both. A decent service shop can repair it.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Spizzer
Explorer
Explorer
We have had a sharpe convection microwave in our stick house for many years. I have found that all the micro switches do not hold up to the current draw over time and fail now and then (especially if you use the covection part a lot). I'm not sure if the RV ones are any differenct. However, I have had ours apart several times and tracked down the culprit switch with an multimeter and replaced them. Back in business quite easily. If you are at all handy with a multimeter and reading the schematic inside the carver, it is worth a shot. Carefull, some switches are hooked up to the normally open blade, and others to the normally closed (labeled no and nc).

good luck,

jeff
Jeff
Retired AF, retired contractor, really retired!
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H 350hp Cat
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad with Air Force One

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
It has a mounting plate on the back. That is attached to the wall. The unit hinges from the bottom and lifts up and snaps into place. It also had at lease two screw/bolts down threw the cabinet into the Microwave top. If you google sharp microwave installation manual you will see a pdf link, download and print out. Takes two people to remove and install.