cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microwave nor working or getting power

mxdad290
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to go out tomorrow and plugged in to get my refrig cool. I always look at the microwave to confirm I have power, but it was not lit up. I checked my breakers, fuses inside and the test on the outlet plug. My microwave is built in, so not a matter of checking a plug.

Any ideas, not sure where power comes from to test. I did check plugs near by.

Was working fine last time out.

I have a 99 Thor Pinnacle

Thanks for help!
8 REPLIES 8

Rangerider
Explorer
Explorer
^x2. Our Microwave plug is in the cabinet next to it.
Me & the Wife
2012 Thor Hurricane 32A
Future Toad: 2008 Honda CR-V

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
When looking for the plug, don't assume it is in the same cabinet as the microwave and that you'll have to remove it to do your checking. Both our TT and our Winnie have had a hole between the microwave cabinet and the cabinet next to it to thread the plug through and plug into an outlet.

And also, what looks like a built-in might not be a true built in. We recently replaced our microwave (at least it still had power, but the controls were obviously on the fritz) and were pleased to find that the unit was in fact a counter top style with a bezel around it making it into a built-in. I looked like an idiot at every store around town trying that bezel on the display microwaves, but I found one that fit perfectly! Much less expensive than a true built-in, that's for sure.
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
You checked the plugs near the microwave - are they working? Is your frig working on 110V ? Assuming they are working, as others have said you'll have to get at that microwave plug. Just plug it into another working outlet to test it (use a heavy extension cord if necessary).
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Turner__P
Explorer
Explorer
My microwave occassionally gets unplugged if I am on bad roads (I 88 east from Binghamptom in NY).

Check the simple first is what an old maintenance man told me.
Paul T

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have confirmed that no breakers are tripped, and also that you are getting power out of each breaker to be sure that they are also good (breakers can fail), the next step is to access the outlet it is plugged into, like the other posters have said. It looks like time to remove the microwave, or maybe the stovetop if the microwave is below it. Whatever it takes to check the outlet.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

mxdad290
Explorer
Explorer
I did try the GFI in the bathroom, was hoping that was the issue, but was not

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Quite often, I see similar posts and the answer lies in GFI switches being triggered in odd places. Make sure you haven't popped a GFI switch in the bath or outside areas, or anywhere else you might have a GFI. If you have one that triggered, it may shut down the whole circuit it's connected to, including the microwave.

Then, if that doesn't fix it, see if you can access the plug that the micro is plugged into. You may actually have to remove the microwave. Then try another electrical item such as a fan or light in the outlet. Also try plugging the microwave into an outlet you know is good.

This will help you determine if the microwave or the circuit is the issue.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I suppose if other 120 plugs are working nearby, the microwave itself might have blown it's internal fuse.. They are indeed plugged in behind their installation and it seems that is your next step.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel