cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Microwave ovens in class c

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are there special wattages or mw ovens used in class Cs or can any mw be used to replace the oven?
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
18 REPLIES 18

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If the microwave physically fits, it should be okay (well, assuming it's not a super high powered commercial oven that needs something other than a standard electrical circuit). If you have an inverter you plan to use it with do pay attention to the wattage and consider getting an inverter microwave which has some definite advantages there (it actually consumes less power on lower power settings, rather than just cycling full power on and off as practically all other microwaves do).

I would suggest looking for one that has a pushbutton or other positive latch for the door, rather than a door you just pull open, so that it can't come open even if jostled greatly while driving. If you can find one with provisions or accessories for fixed mounting so much the better (though many others can be mounted just as well by judicious use of screws into the case...being careful, of course, to avoid electrical stuff inside).

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
Any microwave should work - hard part is finding the right size.

There is no "right" answer here because it depends on how the electricity is equipped in the C (roughly, which specific C it IS).

When I had my C, the generator would change it's sound a lot when the microwave was run while the A/C was on. Even more if the batteries were low and the converter was going full blast.

To be safe, don't exceed the OEM electrical draw....at least not by much. Going from 800 to 850: probably OK. Going from 800 to 1000 or 1200, maybe not in some circumstances.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Any microwave should work - hard part is finding the right size.
Kevin

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Open the door and look at the mfg tag. Some small RVs use pint sized microwaves. But most RVs I have looked at have a standard 1000W microwave in the 1.2CUFT capacity range.