cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monaco dynasty frame/suspension failure with pictures

Miles_of_Smiles
Explorer
Explorer
04 Monaco Dynasty 130K miles. I had a noise in the rear suspension for about the last 1K miles. Finally crawled under to take a look. I found the frame where the lower trailing arms attach broken at the frame rail. Both sides are broken. Also found cracks in the "X" brack that attachs to the frame. I am looking for a shop in the Chicago area to get this repaired. I do not have the equipment to repair this myself. Has any one had this problem? If so, who did you have repair it?

Lee
18 REPLIES 18

Miles_of_Smiles
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help. I will look into the bus truck place. It is not the trailing arm. The Dynasty is on a S- Series chassis.

Lee

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Monaco RR4R Chassis Trailing Arm Problem
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is a known failure point on that year Monaco. They are called the trailing arms. There are businesses that specialize in replacing them with beefier arms.
Try doing a search on trailing arms. I am certain someone else will jump in here that has more information.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We had some brackets fabricated for our 2004 Country Coach Allure at a truck and bus suspension repair shop in Tampa FL. It's like this shop in Chicago: http://www.busntruckchicago.com/

I'm not recommending this business, just giving you an idea of where to look.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi