cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monaco Lapalma

d1725829
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking about buying a 2002 Monaco Lapalma. It's 34' with 2 slides, ford chassis, V-10. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated. Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

d1725829
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the comments.
I decided to buy the LaPalma. It's a really nice coach with low miles.
Hope to pick it up next week barring any problems with it.

flapbreaker
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 32' 2000 lapalma last year. We really like it. Our slide is gear driven. In all honesty I didn't like the way it leaned around corners. Felt a bit scary. I had rented class A's before and never noticed this. I put new shocks, poly bushings on sway bars but the biggest difference was adding a trac bar. Handles much better. We did discover some water damage to the floor when I decided to replace the carpet. I think at some point in time there had been a water heater failure and the water got under the linoleum and never dried. Look for any discoloration to the carpet along the walls. Also with your thumb press on the linoleum in the bathroom etc and check for any soft spots. Anyways with these issues corrected we really like it.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2004 has been excellent as far as what Monaco put on it. Workhorse chassis had some problems but your's is a Ford so I don't know about the chassis.

My slides are both electric gear driven. Snapped a gear tooth on the bedroom slide, replaced gear and it was fine.

If something happened to this coach I'd go try to find a used one just like it.

How much are they asking for it and how old are the tires?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Use to have an2001. Traded up but it was a excellent coach. Always had Monocos and have never heard anything or recalls concerning a framing issue.

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
They had a lot of frame problems with the early 2000 models when they used a different type framing system. Friends was repair twice under warranty and ten grand the last time two years ago. Be careful and research past history including calling previous owners if possible. This could be one to walk away from!

tikasdad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1999 version of the LaPalma, 34 foot single slide with the V10. We bought used in 2005...love it
Jeff Wee
'99 Monaco La Palma
'04 Honda Element

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
Check out what type of slide-out system is used. Some of the LaPalma's used a cable system to extend and retract the slides. Some people had problems with this system and found it difficult to find anyone that was knowledgeable to work on the system. Wishing you the best.

Ray