cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorhome Emergency Exit Window

Papermaker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I am wanting to replace my sliding emergency exit window ( opening is not large enough to feel safe exiting through ) with a swing out emergency exit window. If anyone knows of a business, etc that can help me in this matter I would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
The Papermaker Retreat
2005 National RV Tropical T396LX
4 REPLIES 4

Papermaker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for your replies, your postings have been quite useful.
The Papermaker Retreat
2005 National RV Tropical T396LX

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
I have been researching escape windows, too. Ours is half of a 24 by 48 window. We want the entire window to be an escape one. The useable space on ours is only about 18" high, including the red latches we would need to crawl over, by 24 " wide. Since we have Hehr windows I called their customer service. Problem we are running into is that you can't get a matching frameless escape window in our size, so we would have to go to a framed one. A framed slider escape window with a hinged top would run between $550-$600, but the entire window opens for easier exit. All Rite makes a custom after market framed escape window, but they wanted over $1600 for it!

Still hoping to locate another option that would more closely match our frameless windows. Not looking too hopeful!! Check with your window manufacturer first. If you have framed windows, you may have more options! Please post what you find. Thanks!!
2014 Thor Axis

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Suncoast Designs in Hudson FL does RV window repair and replacement. Not sure if they do the emergency windows but wouldn't hurt to ask. 727-868-2773.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There are tons of them on Fleabay.