cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorhome Entrance Door Hinges and Trim

GORVN4FUN
Explorer
Explorer
My entrance door lock failed for a second time on my motorhome. In the process of breaking in, the trim around the door got bent up. I have replaced the lock, but need to fix up the door. It would be best if I could take it off and bring it inside to work on. Does anyone know how the hinge pins are on these doors? With the door shut, they didn't seem to be able to pop up when hammering from the bottom.

Also, does anyone know where I might be able to get some aluminum trim to replace a section around the door?

Thanks in advance.
Howie
Current - 06 Georgetown 326DSF XL - Class A w/ 07 Ford Edge toad
3rd - 02 Dutchmen Classic 28FB-DSL TT w/Silverado PU & Expedition SUV
2nd - 99 Wilderness Lite 22' TT w/Dakota PU
1st - 87 Palomino Slide-In TC w/Toyota PU
7 REPLIES 7

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Howie, do a internet search for "RV door, 30" X 72" and you will get many results. the cheapest will be ebay, and the new door will have a frame and screen door. I don't think you will find the trim you looking for any other way.
Good luck, Jim
Wildmanbaker

GORVN4FUN
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
I don't think it is supposed to come out with door shut
That would make it too easy to break in

I was thinking the same thing. I have a window unlocked so I can get in tomorrow. I will find out why the door is jammed shut from the inside I hope. Then, I will do my best to get the door off to repair and square it up.
Current - 06 Georgetown 326DSF XL - Class A w/ 07 Ford Edge toad
3rd - 02 Dutchmen Classic 28FB-DSL TT w/Silverado PU & Expedition SUV
2nd - 99 Wilderness Lite 22' TT w/Dakota PU
1st - 87 Palomino Slide-In TC w/Toyota PU

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I removed my pins with the door about half open.
There is many places in rigs to stash a key for lock out purposes. Refer access, water heater and access for a couple.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MrWizard
I don't think it is supposed to come out with door shut
That would make it too easy to break in
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

lonewolf80
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's one of the reasons I always leave the front passenger seat window un-locked. Couple of times slamming the door shut it locked by itself with the keys still inside the rig. Have bought a magnetic key holder too but haven't gotten around to having a door key made yet to hide in it.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If it is like mine, there is about one inch of serrated section on the pin. They are hard to get started. If the hinge is bent it is more of an issue. I think mine is a Hehr.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Often you can call the manufacturer to see if they still have the trim. If they don't, they might tell you where they bought it. Often it's a supplier everyone uses somewhere in Indiana.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab