My camper van

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
2017 GMC Savana Cargo Van
4.8 L V8 6 speed auto transmission 3.42 rear end
PS, PB cruse control, PW and locks

I installed a trailer tow package
I converted the van into a camper van with a port a potty closet, a double bed at the rear, two cabinets with a drop leaf on the cabinet by the sliding door and with lots of storage under the bed.
I insulated and paneled and add 5 LED lights . Two Maxxfans .
I wired up a extra battery and a vent system for the battery and a fuse box for the fans and lights.
I installed a simple 110 ac setup to run a small elect heater and a battery charger for the battery when camped with electric at a campground.

The van will be used for one or two days trips and will be use to tow our 17’ Casita trailer for longer trips

J herb
20 REPLIES 20

Black95
Explorer
Explorer
Your layout is well done and looks much more professional than mine. Most of my modifications are done with the idea that I can pull everything out, put the passenger seats back in (mine was originally a passenger van) and there would be no holes left in the van. I used the floor seat mounting brackets to anchor my kitchen unit and bed frome. And that is exactly what I did when I purchased my newer 2018 model and sold my old 2001 LT passenger van. In fact, I advertised the 2001 in the morning and by supper it was sold,

Keep posting your modifications. I love to look at what others have done.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice job!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Very cool!

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice... and functional for your short trips.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try this-

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad