cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new 08 Trail-lite 251

harmini
Explorer
Explorer
Recently purchased a 2008 R-vision trail-lite 251 with 47K miles, all new tires, new power awning, new roof mounted satellite with Dish Network receiver. Paid $20K from a guy down the street. Did I do ok? Can't seem to find much info on this unit.

Interior showed some wear as previous owner lived in it 6 months a year. The vinyl seat material was just falling apart so I reupholstered the front seats using custom order Cover King leather seat covers from Costco. Had the dinette reupholstered by a local shop. Still have to do the jacknife couchette.

Click For Full-Size Image.
4 REPLIES 4

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
harmini wrote:
Tires were 6 months old and had not been on the road at all. I checked the roof before purchase, is there an r-vision specific roof issue? I have had 6 travel trailers so I am familiar with leaks, this is my first motor home.

I'm not aware of a specific R-vision problem. Just saying, in general, be paranoid about leaks. Seems like you know that.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being on a Chevy Chassis is a real plus,and it seems that you got a good deal.
As most of the Class Cs are on Ford Chassis,THIS Thread may be of some interest to you.

Good luck on your new to you RV and go have some fun.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

harmini
Explorer
Explorer
Tires were 6 months old and had not been on the road at all. I checked the roof before purchase, is there an r-vision specific roof issue? I have had 6 travel trailers so I am familiar with leaks, this is my first motor home.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks very nice!

First things you need to do:
*check around EVERY roof and wall penetration for cracked/leaking caulking or sealant
*Get new tires if you haven't done so already. If those are the originals, they are definitely dry-rotted.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board