cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Navion with a gas engine?

Michigander
Explorer
Explorer
I stumbled across a 2008 Navion with a gas engine. It looks like it was an option back then so I don't think this was an after market rehab but I have never heard of a gas navion. Does anyone have any experience with one?
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
Honda civic toad "RGOCART"

"A father measures his wealth not in his possessions, but in the happiness of his family"
3 REPLIES 3

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Ask this question on the View/Navion group on Yahoo. There are a few '08 ('07 chassis) gas owners on there. Apparently the fuel economy is not too bad, and I have not heard one complaint about them on either the View/Navion forum or the Sprinter Forum.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
When it was still Daimler-Chrysler and Sprinters were selling under the Dodge brand, there was a gas engine option using a M-B V-6 (M-272, M-273) built to EPA specs, shared with a number of small SUVs, C-class and E-class sedans, and some sporty coupes. The larger version made it into at least one S-class. Winnebago offered the gas option.

I wouldn't want the engine in a motorhome, though it might have been OK in an around the town Sprinter van. I think it is undersized for the application, although this is the direction RAM and Ford have been going bringing Euro vans into North America, a highly stressed V-6 offered for $6000 to $10,000 less than a turbodiesel.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have any experience with the a gas rig but it was offered for a short period of time so it is not something somebody changed.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View