cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

need a new fan

TANDDANDBIGE
Explorer
Explorer
While replacing old, leaky radiator, I found a broken fan blade. How can I determine what fan I need and where to source one? Monaco Tech was unable to help. 2002 HR Endeavor 40 Cummins ISC330 rear rad. THX TB
2002 HR ENDEAVOR 40'
2007 FORD EDGE TOAD
7 REPLIES 7

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I second the source Fan. I have a 2000Harney DP with the 3126B Cat and replaced my fan with the one from source Eng. They would not give me a guarantee as they were not sure that I would not have engine heating problems. Sine I put the fan on (about a 2 hour job) I have driven the coach over 1500 miles and not one problem. Extra power, a lot quieter and maybe better mileage. Not sure on that. I love it and kept the old one just in case I did have any problems.
They are great people and good to work with.
Busyguy

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"TANDDANDBIGE".....There is a great replacement for your Roadmaster rear radiator fan. Source Engineering sells a fan blade that "returns" 25HP to the ISL engine and 40HP to the ISC engine. The fan blade is more aerodynamic and doesn't look anything like the big poorly designed blade you have now.

They cost about $650.00, but you'll appreciate the power increase. The ISC blade returns more power because the ISC engine spins faster than the ISL. I installed one on my Diplomat many years ago and would do it again. It was a great product for increasing power, especially acceleration. Cooling doesn't change.

The only con.....since the OEM fan is so big and poorly designed, it actually helps you slow down some when using your exhaust brake, but wasn't significant enough to warrant not replacing it.

Source
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a PM, kdk
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a radiator fan from fanclutch.com in Detroit Michigan. Numer is 313-842-4616 or 800-525-0164 ext 721 or 722. They shipped it to me in two days from their warehouse.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Call your chassis manufacturer (Spartan or Freightliner). That's who I called (in my case, Spartan) when I had an issue with my fan.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

TANDDANDBIGE
Explorer
Explorer
Got it. I was hoping I could get a specific part number; there are a lot of dimensions to consider. THX TB
2002 HR ENDEAVOR 40'
2007 FORD EDGE TOAD

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Just sent you a link on the other site. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843