cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED CAB A/C EXPANSION VALVE FOR 2006 FORD F53-6.8L

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2006 Coachmen Aurora Class A motor home with the Ford F53 Base chassis and a 6.8L engine. I'm trying to find a new expansion valve for the a/c system and have not had any luck finding one. I even went to the Ford dealership (car/truck)and they looked in their service manual, but it did NOT show an expansion valve or and orifice valve. The manual was most likely for a pickup truck so I feel it didn't match the motor home specs. I did find the orifice valve on line, but our motor home system has an expansion valve. I have looked at several sites on line, but cannot find expansion valves. I have called Forest River, but didn't get a call back. I'm fairly confident they didn't have anything to do with the a/c system, but I thought I'd give it a try. Has anyone had to replace their expansion valve in their a/c system? If so, where did you get the valve and what is the part number and/or site where I may purchase one.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
5 REPLIES 5

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the Evans Tempcon site has what I need. From the parts they show, it appears this is where the a/c, switches etc. were purchased.

Thanks for all of your replies.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also if you have a choice, get a 2 ton one or higher.

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
A refrigeration supply house will build you one on the spot!

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
Napa Auto Parts likely can match your expansion valve.

They did for both of mine.

Take it off and in....
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Most coaches use third party HVAC systems. Try: http://www.evanstempcon.com/
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad