cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Help in Choosing MH Length

We_retheRussos
Explorer
Explorer
First of all since this is my first post, Hello! I've been lurking on here for a while and finally decided that I had enough questions and things to add that I would sign up for an account and make this my first post.

My wife and I are in our 30's and looking to go full time for at least one year. We plan to spend our time traveling across the country spending however long we want at each location (could be a day or a week - maybe longer). We definitely want to go to the National parks and want to be able to take our MH into those parks when possible. So far it seems that 35' might be the limit we can go given this limitation but I wanted to ask those who have been on the road and experienced this first hand. We've decided that a Class A is the way to go and are still undecided between a DP or gasser. Our preference is a used DP as they amenities tend to be much nicer but it seems to be very hard to find a 35' and under DP with the upper end amenities. We're finding the things we like happen to be 36' and up.

So we're in a quandary. Our priority here is to see/camp at the best locations and get into the parks. If we can do this in a bigger rig, awesome - just wondering what all of you have experienced (or can you point me to some nice DP rigs that are '35 and under). I've searched and come up with the info mentioned above.

Thanks and good to "meet" you.
Planning on retiring and full-timing - check out our progress: http://www.weretherussos.com/
31 REPLIES 31

racerchaser
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago has had a 34ft DP model in both Winnebago and Itasca for several years. You might look for those. I do not know what your definition of "high end amenities" is but usually the smaller the coach the lesser the amenities. That being said, you will usually find better quality in most DPs than gas models. Not always true, but a good general rule.
Fox

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2004 36' Bounder on a Workhorse chassis with the 8.1. More than enough engine and less maintenance cost than a DP. If your only going a year I'd look at gas also. We have never had a problem with parking anywhere and on grass camp sites the gas rigs are lighter than most DP.