cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need some help?

ColoRockiesFan
Explorer
Explorer
I've been combing these forums and others until my eyes are crossed. I am trying to locate a class C that meet several parameters but am not having much luck, so I was hoping for some help.

I am looking for a small Class C, less than 25', no slide, with a permanent bed (but 2 separate sleeping areas), a dinette, and most importantly a comfortable chair (recliner).

I love the Phoenix 2350 (but not the price). I have also looked at the Nexus 23P (they can accommodate a custom build but I would lose the dinette).

The class C also has to be newer than a 2008 (financing requirement - they also want less than 60K in miles).

Other than a few Thor products (I am trying to avoid Thor) which have a small barrel chair, is there anything else out there?
29 REPLIES 29

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
EMD360 wrote:
A couch and dinette in a floor plan is really difficult to find with a bed in the back and under 25'!

This Itasca Viva! 23L, at 24 feet, comes about as close as you going to get (click on the 23L floorplan to enlarge it - by default the 23B floorplan comes up enlarged):

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/class-c/2014/viva/floorplans
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
I believe you could find a 24' Winnebago Chalet to fit your requirements. I personally prefer the couch to a barrel chair or even a lounger. We use ours all the time for a one person "lounge". While the dinette works for us for a desk, extra kid bed, etc. A couch and dinette in a floor plan is really difficult to find with a bed in the back and under 25'!
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
A few years back, just about every class C builder made what you are looking for, with the only difference being a barrel chair, instead of a recliner. Since you seem to be looking for used you should be able to find what you're looking for.
I was surprised while looking at floor plans of new 24' and under C's, that none of those I saw, offer that corner bed, dinette, barrel chair, forward bunk model. It was probably one of the most popular floor plans for many years, in the smaller C's.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
This may be what you want - unfortunately Winnebago quit offering this exact Winnie-Minnie and Itasca no-slide model, 24 foot floorplan ("24V") with two queen beds, plus a dinnette convertible full bed, and a swivel launch chair - around 2006 or 2007.

We have the 2005 Itasca model of this and it's well built and a very comfortable and practical little go-anywhere Class C motorhome ... we take it into small State and Federal campgrounds and into towns to sight-see and shop ... we even take it offroad rock-hounding. Towing a vehicle behind is not necessary:

http://rv.theautochannel.com/show_rv_floorplan.php?id=823
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ColoRockiesFan
Explorer
Explorer
aeejbe wrote:
Wa-LA

"They" just don't make 'em like they use to! ๐Ÿ˜ž

The chair? Not a deal breaker.
Perhaps to replace it to meet YOUR requirements.

Well, I made an offer on this Bigfoot. But no dice. Seller wouldn't come down to where I can actually afford it.

But the good news is I now know what I want.

Thanks for all your help!

johnnyrv
Explorer
Explorer
The four winds 23u meets your requirements, but is a thor product. We have the four winds 22e and are impressed with the interior quality and the roomy exterior storage. We have had no problems with it. We use the cab chairs for extra seating.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a beginning RV'er, reconsider the length/floor plan. Many are intimidated with the thought of driving a longer rig. A 3-foot longer 27 footer with rear bedroom and RV queen bed is almost the same to park, drive and handle, but much more comfortable to camp in. IMHO slides are nice but can have electro-mechanical and water leak problems.

ColoRockiesFan
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
If you could settle for your recliner being the swiveling passenger seat, you might find "it".

Definitely willing to settle for the barrel chair as long as I can replace it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
If you could settle for your recliner being the swiveling passenger seat, you might find "it".
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

ColoRockiesFan
Explorer
Explorer
aeejbe wrote:
Wa-LA

Nice! I could replace the barrel chair with the recliner. Almost exactly what I was looking for!

aeejbe
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wa-LA

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I doubt if you will find an RV that exactly meets all of your specifications. You will probably have to settle for close, then make the changes you require.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

ColoRockiesFan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions. I've seen the Trend but the seats are not comfortable.

I like the Minnie 22R but no recliner. If I could have the Minnie 22R with Euro recliners instead of the dinette, that would work nicely. The larger Minnie is just a bit too long.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
26'2" with a sofa not a chair
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

tidecountry
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Trend, Viva and Rev,24 ft. and no slides.