cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New class A gas without bedroom slide

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to help my FIL identify some Class A gas units that may work for him. He needs a bed that is useable while driving for my MIL. Also a bathroom that easily accessible ( ie not blocked by a slide ) while traveling. Any new or newer units like this? Budget would be around 70K. around 30’. Similar to a Thor Ace.
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
9 REPLIES 9

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
Our coach has a bedroom slide and the bathroom and bed are fully accessible. You just cannot get to the back closet without climbing over the bed.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree that the back end will be rough riding sometimes and it isn't easy to walk around when the rig is going down the road, especially if you have mobility issues. Our bed is fully accessible with the slide in, you just can't walk around the end to the other side. Our entire bathroom is also accessible with slides in. Only thing we can't do is open our bedroom closet doors. Everything else is fully usable. We have a 2000 Monaco, but I'm sure there are some newer ones that are usable as well.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Txsurfer wrote:
Trying to help my FIL identify some Class A gas units that may work for him. He needs a bed that is useable while driving for my MIL. Also a bathroom that easily accessible ( ie not blocked by a slide ) while traveling. Any new or newer units like this? Budget would be around 70K. around 30’. Similar to a Thor Ace.

Look This over

Think a class C might just be the right fit,

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
Our coach has a bedroom slide and on several occasions DW and I have slept in it with slide in.

Should you see a coach you like with a bedroom slide, just make sure it's accessible for two when not extended.

Good luck and safe travels...:)
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
As said, there are many RV's that are fully accessible with the slide(s) retracted. Our Landau is one of them. We have a single "super slide" for the kitchen/living area, and with it retracted the only thing we lose access to is a seldom used wall outlet. And the view out the two end windows...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would not buy any rig that did not have access to the bed and bathroom with the slides in. Access may be more restricted. What if you want to park somewhere that you cannot deploy the slides.

Slides give you more and better access.

Driving w/o seat belts increase risk of course.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Could a c work? The Gulfstream BT cruiser 27' model has only a small sofa slide and access throughout. Also it has a chair which I assume could be replaced with a recliner that may be more supportive for her back while travelling. and prices are near that range new.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
It is dangerous in case of accident and illegal in most states but MY wife has spinal cord injury and she has tried to lay in the bed while in motion. She will not try it again. Bounced her around to much
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don’t dismiss units with a slide. Lots of them are perfectly useable with the slides in, especially the bed if only one person needs it.

I must point out however, that if a person ‘needs’ a bed a bathroom while traveling, they’re not likely to be comfortable or safe doing so while the vehicle is in motion.