cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Concord 300DS

RetiredNavy
Explorer
Explorer
I just took delivery on a 2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS Class C. My question is regarding that Sewer Storage contraption under the Drivers side of the unit. I believe the intent is to give a place to store the Sewer Line and just swing it out to use it in the campground. My concern is that the way it hangs down I am worried that it might hit on something and damage the body of the RV. If anyone has a Coachmen with this goofy sewer storage rig, please let me know if you are satisfied with it and/or have had any problems with it. Also let me know if I am misinterpreting the use for it. We are just getting it loaded up and have yet to take it on a maiden voyage.
If you would like to see a picture of it, I can attach it to another post.
Terry & Nancy
Retired Navy

2016 Coachmen Concord
300DS Class C Motor Home
9 REPLIES 9

LSVLance
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our 2016 300DS slightly used and it had already had the swing out contraption hit and ultimately removed completely before we got it. The leftover pieces were in a storage compartment and I looked into reinstalling it...and decided that I'd probably tear it off again as well so I did away with it. Really it is just a matter of unbolting some brackets and hardware and removing. The connection for the sewer hose is the same under the rig as any other RV, you just don't have the big tube to store the hose in when it's gone.
2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS

Art_Schlangen
Explorer
Explorer
GoBoy45 could you post the process what you did and maybe some photos... Thanks ART

GoBoy45
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I just got a new 2016 Concord 300DS and we are very happy with the unit. One of the very 1st things I changed, was removing that "Sewer Connection" for all of the reasons mentioned! It works and looks great (for us) with No problems.

hindes
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 Concord with the sewer setup that you are asking about. I too was concerned about it when I purchased our Concord, but we've had no problems with the sewer dragging even though it is low. We love our Concord! The only major mod we did was have a 2nd AC installed. . . one was not enough in hot Texas!

Jim

Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Concord 301SS on a Ford chassis and have experienced problems with the "goofy sewer connection" each season since we got it. The Concord rides fairly low to the ground and has a large rear overhang which can cause problems on uneven pavement, like exiting gas station driveways on to a sloping street. And I heard similar comments about this setup from the service department at the local Coachmen dealer. Other than that the Concord is a very nice coach.

RetiredNavy
Explorer
Explorer
Avan,
Actually the PDI is where all this started. The tech said this was a terrible idea from Coachmen and that they see a lot of people come in with it torn off and sometimes damaging the coach. I ASSUMED he knew what he was talking about. We all know what assume does. From the comments I think I might like it and will not jump to any conclusions.
Terry & Nancy
Retired Navy

2016 Coachmen Concord
300DS Class C Motor Home

bondo228
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Concord 301SS with the same set up. I have never had a problem with it hitting on anything, or causing any damage. Also, your interpretation of its use seems to be correct. Good luck with your new Concord. We love ours!

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this "goofy sewer storage contraption" basically a length of 6" plastic pipe attached to an elbow and swivel joint (actually a toilet flange, I think) at one end and a screw-in cap tethered to the motorhome body on the other end? That's what I have on my (rather older) Coachmen Santara. It seems to work very nicely for me, and I've never had any trouble with it hitting/dragging. Some brands of sewer hose bayonet fittings are too big around to fit in the pipe, particularly if they have grip tabs or similar protrusions.

I don't think, at least on my motorhome, it hangs down below the axle and certainly doesn't impinge on the approach/departure angles. I suppose some very specific severe ground unevenness could apply pressure to it and damage things, but it would have to be very, very uneven ground...and rather unluckily arranged unevenness at that. I also can imagine that different models could have different clearance issues (or lack thereof); I have pretty decent ground clearance in general.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I can't help you on the practical part of your question (re hitting/damaging) but regarding the "...if I am misinterpreting the use for it" statement, didn't you get an owner's manual as well as a PDI?
www.putt10.net