cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Look, New Trend, Let Me Be the 1st

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Changed out my 19.5 steel rims to black powered coated rims with a chrome center cap and new Firestone FS561 tires.

Everyone has either chrome wheel liners or aluminum rims so I thought I would be the 1st and go black.

Black is always in style..

Pics did not do so well, to much shadow from the winter sun at a angle, does look better in person.

:C
30 REPLIES 30

Bruce_Brown
time2roll wrote:
I thought the 'black wheel' trend was to match the black color and blacked out trim on the vehicle. Rears look good to me but the front looks a bit out of place against the white side panels.

I like the look of the fronts better, I like the contrast.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

bumpus4
Explorer
Explorer
Never did like the chrome rim look and they are too hard to keep polished. I am stuck with them now but might swap them out to painted rim's when I buy new tire's.

I like the of the black painted rim's.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, hmmmmm, black wheels with little chrome hub caps. Police vehicle theme. :W
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or maybe a black center cap and lugs.

Does look better from the distance as it blends in with the black paint... even in the front.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
I thought the 'black wheel' trend was to match the black color and blacked out trim on the vehicle. Rears look good to me but the front looks a bit out of place against the white side panels.

Was my thought but check these pics out, my angle caused to much shadowing but it does look better in person than the pics, might go with the chrome beauty rings later.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
"tinmac".....I think it looks nice and would probably look nicer with the chrome beauty rings.

Just keep the stock wheels for resale. The next buyer may not share your taste.

There is a Newmar Dutch Star that the owner had painted all black, from the factory, and added black rims. I hope in intends to keep it forever as it will be tough to off load.

Already sold the old rims and tires on craigslist.

I can always buy new stainless steel liners and install them over the rims just like the old ones had, so my new look is not permanent, besides in person they look better than my pics, gives my motorhome a new look like all the trucks and Jeeps are going now with black rims.

Now I got to get 5 black rims for my jeep.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"tinmac".....I think it looks nice and would probably look nicer with the chrome beauty rings.

Just keep the stock wheels for resale. The next buyer may not share your taste.

There is a Newmar Dutch Star that the owner had painted all black, from the factory, and added black rims. I hope in intends to keep it forever as it will be tough to off load.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe I will buy some lights and light my motorhome up underneath, might just take this to another level..

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I am also thinking about buying chrome rings like in the pic below but for now I will just stick with what I got.

Seems like the chrome rings would fall off.

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Looks like they came off a school bus! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best comment so far!!!!!
2012 American Coach Revolution

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I like them. They look like serious hardware.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
My next project is to lower motorhome put it on hydraulics and bounce up and down like a low rider on a Cheech and Chong movie..

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

Brand new from Accuride, black powered coated and sealed..

The main reasom for replacing the rims 2 were out of round so when I went to order new ones saw the black ones and bought all new 7 rims and tires, yes I did the spare as well..

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad