cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Transit Chassis

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Ford is releasing a new Transit Chassis for 2020 with new drivetrains and an increase in GVWR to 11,020. This compares with the 11,030 of the Sprinter chassis. Will the Sprinter RV’s migrate to Ford. With this change and Ford’s release of a new F53 Chassis, it looks like Ford is going all out for the RV market. Maybe a new E450 chassis is forthcoming.
https://news.yahoo.com/2020-ford-transit-van-brings-212800302.html
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
9 REPLIES 9

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
We have both Sprinters and Transit's in my company's fleet.

We will not be buying any new Sprinters.

Here the Sprinter is King and the Transit is the worst selling Van by far.Theoretically it should sell as well the Renault Master, but the Master leaves it behind

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
carringb wrote:
Sure would be nice if they came back out with an E-550 however.
Oh man, that thing was a beast. It would surely intimidate most RV buyers. I would classify it as a Super C, but a sweet domesticated version. It has a full front axle, tall stance, and huge tires. I am sure it has bigger brakes and all the rest to go with it. It would be an ideal Super-C.

That is like the European version of a Pickup Truck. A lot of Cab Chassis Vans are used as Trucks . GVWR and GCVWR is greater than the E450 with the IVECO 70 series

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
Read Winni has a new 4x4.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
carringb wrote:
Sure would be nice if they came back out with an E-550 however.
Oh man, that thing was a beast. It would surely intimidate most RV buyers. I would classify it as a Super C, but a sweet domesticated version. It has a full front axle, tall stance, and huge tires. I am sure it has bigger brakes and all the rest to go with it. It would be an ideal Super-C.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
rjstractor wrote:
I heard a while back that the nomenclature T450 and T550 were trademarked by Ford. This makes me think that at some point in the future the Transit will be offered in heavier GVWRs. We'll see what the powertrain looks like, since the current Ecoboost apparently have the duty cycle rating for commercial applications in the heavier versions of the Transit. Maybe a bit bigger/more powerful diesel is in the works.

At this point, I'm thinking they only did that to prevent somebody else from using it, or maybe they changed product plans. Leaked plant docs indicated the E-series will be getting a refresh too, getting the new 7.3L gas motor, and full driver assist features. As long as the E-series is getting updates, I don't see room for a T-series competitor. Sure would be nice if they came back out with an E-550 however.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
I heard a while back that the nomenclature T450 and T550 were trademarked by Ford. This makes me think that at some point in the future the Transit will be offered in heavier GVWRs. We'll see what the powertrain looks like, since the current Ecoboost apparently have the duty cycle rating for commercial applications in the heavier versions of the Transit. Maybe a bit bigger/more powerful diesel is in the works.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go Ford Go!
I love our 2007 E350 motor home. I am glad to hear Ford keeps making forward strides in these areas.

I never read anything about revamping the cut-away E-series. I am not sure if they should mess with a good thing considering the limited production numbers since the the E-series van was discontinued.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have both Sprinters and Transit's in my company's fleet.

We will not be buying any new Sprinters.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Factory 4x4 option also.
-- Chris Bryant