cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nexus Super C

Triturate
Explorer
Explorer
If you were going for a Super C would you recommend Gas or Diesel?

Does anyone have experience with the Nexus Ghost? Pros & Cons. Any other company models you would recomend?

Looking for any suggestions on Super C. Our first motor home after many years with travel trailers.
19 REPLIES 19

Mile-High-Endur
Explorer
Explorer
moose888 wrote:
I have a 2007 350 SL Dynamax with 350hp Cat diesel and 3000 Allison Trans. We love the Dynamax we get about 10 + mpg coming home from Oregon where we bought it. The Dynamax is on a M2 heavy duty Freightliner chassis rides great very little noise. I would ask around about the gas /diesel but the gas model super C's got in my way climbing the Rockies. The gas models as far as I know don't have jake brakes so plan on pushing and praying going down steep grades. Doesn't matter which one you pick just have fun with the family and see things you never seen before. You may want to ask if anyone has had any problems with the wind push the RV around on the road. I was in Yellowstone and talked to a guy who owned a Chevy Kodiak GAS he was having problems being pushed around by tractor trailers and higher wind speeds.

My gas model will get 2 to maybe 3 mpg less than a diesel in the same conditions. Gas engines don't use an exhaust brake. I added Bilstien shocks and Super Springs on the rear and rarely have to use both hands on the wheel when being passed by a tractor trailer. I believe some people are afraid to drive their rig and squeeze the steering wheel making it handle bad.

Jeff
2005 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 8.1 gas
2000 24' Pace Shadow Limited w/ Husky Equilizer Hitch - resting in Texas while we fulltime
1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ PS, PB, Automatic, Factory Air

moose888
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 350 SL Dynamax with 350hp Cat diesel and 3000 Allison Trans. We love the Dynamax we get about 10 + mpg coming home from Oregon where we bought it. The Dynamax is on a M2 heavy duty Freightliner chassis rides great very little noise. I would ask around about the gas /diesel but the gas model super C's got in my way climbing the Rockies. The gas models as far as I know don't have jake brakes so plan on pushing and praying going down steep grades. Doesn't matter which one you pick just have fun with the family and see things you never seen before. You may want to ask if anyone has had any problems with the wind push the RV around on the road. I was in Yellowstone and talked to a guy who owned a Chevy Kodiak GAS he was having problems being pushed around by tractor trailers and higher wind speeds.

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Despite the comical disadvantages of the previous post, diesel for sure.

ronfisherman
When you get to the weight of a Super C. I would commend a Diesel. If you are looking at current model Super C's. I believe they are all Diesel.
If you are looking at used. The GM Kodiak models came in both gas and diesel. Plenty of power with both engines. Diesel get close to 10 mpg. While gas models get below 8.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Triturate wrote:
If you were going for a Super C would you recommend Gas or Diesel?

Does anyone have experience with the Nexus Ghost? Pros & Cons. Any other company models you would recomend?

Looking for any suggestions on Super C. Our first motor home after many years with travel trailers.
Diesel if you want them to smell you coming into town. Carry alot of rags and a good cleaner to cut the grease. Groves will help when filling it up with fuel. You make more freinds when you drive gas model.
So big a world, so little time to see.