Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No hot water question

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings everyone,

Picked up my new Winnebago Vista 35b last week and finally performed a shake down cruise yesterday. Last night I discovered the hot water in the rear bathroom does not flow properly. We get hot water in the kitchen and mid bathroom no problems but not in rear shower or sink. I get an initial flow then it just trickles out. The external shower nozzle is shut in the off position and according to Winnebago this model has no check valves between the working nozzles and the rear bath. The winnie rep told he has never heard of this problem happening before, figures.

Anybody have any ideas? My thoughts are perhaps a cink in the line, but the rep stated they install special clamps in the bends to prevent this possibility. Maybe something stuck in the line? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler
7 REPLIES 7

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Take a pic and send it with a bill for $50 to the dealer. They would bill you if it was your fault, right?

If more people did this, the dealer/mfr QA would get better 😉

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Supervisor....."Did you run the plumbing lines to rear?"

Worker........"YEP!"

Supervisor....."What did you do with the left over PEX?"

Worker........."Left over????? Was there suppose to be any left over?"

Supervisor....." Nevermind....you have 6 more to do before Noon"
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies, I pulled the access panel in the kitchen which accesses the rear of the water heater and followed the lines. Stuck my head in there and found a kink in the line, the installer had way too much hose for the intended purpose, it was really stuffed in there. I will fix myself. I'll try and post a pic.

Thankss!!!
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
yep its something stupid ,,like your reps answers, start at the faucet and work back. anything can happen on a build.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Air bubble in the line or a partially blocked line or a bad faucet. Start with the faucet pull the hot water line off have someone turn on the water while you hold the line in a bucket.

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
Just hot, cold flows with plenty of pressure.
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
is it just the hot or hot and cold?