cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No hot water

retiredtraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We have been on our first winter trip for about 10 weeks now. We are presently in Canton,Ms.
Yesterday my wife took a nice hot shower. About an hour later I went to take one and had no hot water.
We have a 10 gallon water heater that runs on either AC or propane. We have always run it on AC to preserve propane. I checked the AC breaker and it was fine. There is a lighted switch in the bathroom signaling when the AC heater is on. That was lit.
I tried to turn on the propane heater this morning and after a false start it did come on. At least we do have hot water now.
Do any of you smart people have any ideas? Besides a burned out element?
Thanks in advance
Keld
17 REPLIES 17

CampinMike
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is the Anode rod.

trop-a-cal
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes if you forgot to close outside shower/sprayer off the hot and cold mix and then just by closing it its back to normal. Other times in cold weather some propane can get frozen in the lines as condensation can be in your tank. Other times, sensors on tank get loose and the unit does not know that it needs to heat up. Or igniters are carbonized or gap is incorrect and the spark won't jump to start it. Other times the house batteries are to low to get the needed spark to jump.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The AC portion just plugs into an outlet, have you checked to make sure the plug hasn't come loose a bit?