Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No power to in dash radio

MamaGoose
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

We have no power to our in dash radio/cd player. It has worked in the past, but this time when we started our trip south last week...nothing. The only thing that is different is that we changed all of the batteries to the motorhome. Everything else works. We've tried the rocker switch on the intrument panel and it makes no difference. Fuses on the panel on the driver's side have been checked, they look fine. There is no reset button on the front of the in dash radio panel. We have been trying to slide the radio out so we can see if there is a fuse there, but we haven't been successful in easily pulling out the radio. (There must be a simple way for these things to come out, we just haven't found it!)

We have a 2003 Fleetwood Revolution. The radio is factory installed, similar to this one:

http://www.oemautosound.com/p-148-radio-ford-6-disc-3l3t-18c815-bd.aspx

Ours is Model #3L3T-18C815-AA.

The radio is the only thing that isn't working. We had something related to our Blue Ox braking system plugged into the cigarette lighter and it works fine.

What are we missing here? Is there some way of sliding that radio out without purchasing special tools? We find this coach to be user friendly in so many ways, so I figure there must be something simple that we're missing.
22 REPLIES 22

MamaGoose
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your responses, everyone. And Happy Thanksgiving. ๐Ÿ™‚

MamaGoose
Explorer
Explorer
Inverter wasn't on when trying the basement radio and TV, so that's likely why they weren't working. Still baffled by the in dash radio, though. DH will phone Fleetwood tomorrow.

MamaGoose
Explorer
Explorer
DH managed to get the radio out this morning and saw the inline fuse. There is nothing wrong with it. There's no power to the radio in the basement either. ๐Ÿ˜ž The basement radio was also working this summer, as was the TV. That TV isn't working today, but the RV isn't connected to an AC power source so I wouldn't necessarily expect the TV to work. The outlet in the basement was not tested. The TV's inside the motorhome do work.

:?

racer99
Explorer
Explorer
When our radio stopped I pulled the radio and low & behold the inline fuse was blown-Some radios use a straightened paper clip and ours I used two hack saw blades to release the clips inside radio slides out and I change fuse -Rich

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

My rv powers the dash radio from the house and there is an undocumented in line fuse inside the "pillar" near the house battery disconnect switch.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
There is an inline fuse that is probably blown. To get to mine I had to see how limber I was to reach it and change it out. If you call Fleetwood they can email you the schematic and you can confirm if there is one or not, but my guess is there is one, finding it is an adventure.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

MamaGoose
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Fred. We've tried it with house batteries on and off, doesn't make a difference. I think there's a rocker switch to select where the radio draws power from and we've tried that as well. It doesn't help.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I had this happen on my first motorhome. I found that the radio was wired to the house batteries (instead of the chassis/cranking batteries) and I had turned off the house battery switch.

Regarding sliding the radio out of the dash, some require a tool to slide along the side to release a catch.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida