cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NORCOLD SETTLEMENT

surfride
Explorer
Explorer
To add insult to injury, not only are the Beverly Hills attorneys walking away with THIRTEEN MILLION dollars on the Norcold class action, Judge Josephine Staton is now refusing to calendar some silly motion to close this out so we can get paid. I want my money, the pittance that it is; enough is enough this judge is the problem now and she needs to hear from you! This is a game, the longer this drags out, the more claimants will drop out due to attrition and the less Thetford has to pay out. Is Judge Staton corrupt, who knows, but she is certainly part of the problem.

Contact Judge Staton let her know your outrage.
Judge Josephine Staton
jls_chambers@cacd.uscourts.gov

https://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/honorable-josephine-l-staton?page=1

(my rant)
I am a "member" of four class actions right now; this, AIG (pennies on the dollar) and two for my pile of junk Whirlpool Duet. I framed the AIG check on my office wall, it makes my blood boil every time I look at it. These federal courts, specifically Judge Staton in California and Judge Boyko in Ohio are perpetuating these class-action scams. Speak out, let your voice be heard. This is still democracy right?
~surfride
10 REPLIES 10

SleepyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
Took 18 years to finally collect against the person that "built" our previous home. He got a local judge to throw out the arbitration. Took us 2 trips to the state supreme court. He finally messed up 2 years ago and added his name to the house he and his 4th wife were living in when they refinanced. We ended getting less than the original award from the arbitrator since the refinance company jumped ahead of us when they refinanced and it was going to cost us more $$$ than we would have received.

I don't want to hear about slow.
Sleeping our way across the US

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
I was party to a class action suit against Sears. I didn't even know I was a party to the suit. I received a coupon for $10 off my next purchase. The law firm who handled the suit received a little over $8 million.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
At least you might see some money but don't hold your breath. I was part of the class action suit against Toyota years ago and we won the action. Six months later I received my payout, a small booklet outlining the items I could purchase from Toyota at a "deep discount". I placed it in the bathroom next to the toilet.
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Lawyers love class action suits much better return than their normal take. I laugh when the lawyers say they do it for the poor victims of corporate neglect. Those $2-3 dollar checks really make me whole.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
If you were not part of the class action suit, you have no idea what we've been through. This was to have been settled a couple of years ago. We've been given so many false settlement dates. Hundred of hours of correspondence, testifying, etc., trips cancelled, refrigerators catching on fire. Please don't assume to know what we've been through unless you've been through this with us. BTW, the law firms have all received their money. The only issue now is how the money will be distributed to the little guys.

I'm supposed to receive a little over $4000 but I'm not holding my breath.
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Outdoorlovers, how about the company employees? Are you concerned at all that the company stays in business and these people keep their jobs? Or you just get your money in full now despite what that may do?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
outdoorlovers wrote:
I questioned the paralegal last week at the firm that sued. Here is her response: "We were waiting for the judge to rule on one final issue which she finally did last week. We are currently working on the proposed final judgment and then there will probably be some more briefing on that and then hopefully we will be done, barring any more hold ups with an appeal. I am hopeful that checks will issue in the next couple of months pursuant to the settlement agreement. I believe that there will be 4 annual installments."

4 annual installments? Unbelievable. Even when you win in a class action lawsuit, you still lose.

Would you rather the company filed for bankruptcy and the plaintiffs get pennies on the dollar or nothing? If the company can present a reasonable argument that lump sum payment would be an excessive financial burden, then the installment payments would be a reasonable alternative in my opinion.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
I questioned the paralegal last week at the firm that sued. Here is her response: "We were waiting for the judge to rule on one final issue which she finally did last week. We are currently working on the proposed final judgment and then there will probably be some more briefing on that and then hopefully we will be done, barring any more hold ups with an appeal. I am hopeful that checks will issue in the next couple of months pursuant to the settlement agreement. I believe that there will be 4 annual installments."

4 annual installments? Unbelievable. Even when you win in a class action lawsuit, you still lose.
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Is Judge Staton corrupt, who knows, but she is certainly part of the problem."

Glad to hear we have you, a class action expert who has reviewed the file including the plaintiff attorney billing hours, costs and expert fees and attended most of the hearings, suggesting what we should do.

One case where you disagree with the pace of the lawsuit and want your money...and the judge is "who knows...corrupt?"
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
You know you are not required to be party to a class action lawsuit- you can opt out and sue on your own.
-- Chris Bryant