Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nwh jacks

brick
Explorer
Explorer
I have the straight jacks with joy stick. When I try to use the jacks
the proper lights are ok on the control panel but when I try to raise the jacks I get only a click from up front. The pump does not run and no movement. Everything was in proper setting, ignition brake on etc.
Brick
1997 Kountry Aire,Ford
Banks
Saturn L series
9 REPLIES 9

fuzzbutt
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, thats the one. I couldn't remember at what point the jacks were supposed to kick down.

When they are supposed to kick down, it just makes a growling noise from the pump. The solenoid connections are all corroded. I'm hoping it is a low problem and not a bad solenoid or pump. It worked fine the last time i used it a year ago.

Thanks!
John, Sherry & Sabrina
+ Mowgli (Keeshond) Shane (Border Collie) Sunny (Sun Conure) & Lily (Cockatiel)
94 Winnebago Adventurer 34'
04 Nissan Murano
05 Acura TL
92 Honda Gold Wing
Now.....bring me that horizon.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There are 2 versions of the lever system
1. 4 levers 1 for each jack
2. Joystick 1 long center pole for all 4 jacks and 2 small poles for retract. I will assume you have this Joystick
The 2 small poles with the round black balls are the retract levers. The forward is for the front jacks and the rear is for the rear jacks
You push the front forward all the way and the rear backward all the way. this allows the center pole to extend the jacks. pushing the long pole forward will engage the 2 front jacks and they drop down vertical FIRST and then extend to level. Pushing the center pole to the rear drops the rear jacks down vertical then extends to raise the RV. To retract the jacks you push the rear pole forward and the front pole rearward. Doug

fuzzbutt
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a dumb question. I cant remember the sequence that this happens in.
Min ehas the kickdown jacks. I turn the power on and move the lever to the fron or rear or both. When are the jacks supposed to kick down? When I move the lever forward and backward or when i move the center lever forward or backward?

It's been a year since I used it last and I don't remember. I found the HWH troubleshooting guide and I'm going to look at it tonight.

THANKS!
John, Sherry & Sabrina
04 Nissan Murano
05 Acura TL
92 Honda Gold Wing

fuzzbutt
Explorer
Explorer
I just tested my HWH system yesterday. The lights all look good but when i move the lever, the jacks dont go down. I just get a noise from the pump like it doesn't have enough power.

I'm going to top off the fluid and take all the solenoid connections apart tonight or tomorrow night. I also have a new chassis battery to put in it.

brick, my question is, did you have to replace a part or did cleaning the connections fix it?

Thanks!
John, Sherry & Sabrina
04 Nissan Murano
05 Acura TL
92 Honda Gold Wing

brick
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help with my problem. Following suggestions I found problem was ground to the switch. Everything ok thanks. Brick
1997 Kountry Aire,Ford
Banks
Saturn L series

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
The HWH 200/210 series service manual can be found here.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Lt46
Explorer II
Explorer II
Brick, I've got the same/similar system. I'm confused when you say "when I try to raise the jacks I only get a click". If you are talking about retracting/closing your jacks, there is no electrical involved at all. The jacks raise/close via the springs which pull them up. There are sensors on each jack that indicates on the control panel when a jack is extended. That light shuts off when the sensor senses the jack in the up/closed position.
If you are saying the jacks will extend but as soon as they begin to pick up the load/weight of the motorhome they stop, then that would lead me to think the pump is weak, low ATF fluid or there is an electrical problem ie low battery. Please give us more info and we'll see what we can figure out.
Peter & Dawn
[black] 97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW [/black]
F53/460 w/ tag axle
[black] 96 Prowler 27X SOLD[/black]
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. To RAISE the jacks takes no power, just release the Joystick
2. I think you meant EXTEND the jacks. You RAISE the motorhome, you EXTEND the jacks to do that.
3. If you get a click on your system, either your large battery cable is dead(no 12 volts) or the solenoid is bad. There is only 1 solenoid on your HWH pump that has wires. The 2 LARGE posts---jump across and that will bypass the solenoid and supply power direct to the pump motor. IF the battery power is good the pump motor should run, if NOT, then the Pump electric motor is probably bad. The MAIN thing is- to verify that you have GOOD 12 volt supply power to that solenoid from the battery. Doug

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I assume you mean HWH jacks. What series do you have 210? If you post what model you have with a little more description of the problem you may get some more reply's. Do you mean you can't extend the jacks to level the MH? or you can't raise the jacks in the store position? I would start by checking all the cables to the solenoid, HYD pump and battery to make sure they are all clean. Once you have cleaned all connections. Fully charge chassis battery then try to extend the jacks and report what happens.