cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Odometer and trip odometer not working.

thriftydutch
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1990 Dodge B 250 5.2 litre engine. Last summer on a trip the odometer and trip odometer stopped working for about 100 miles. Then suddenly it started working again for a day and then it stopped working for good. Has anybody had any experience with this problem in the past on this vehicle.

1990 L.E.R. Dodge B 250 Class B 17'

5 REPLIES 5

Jeffslock
Explorer
Explorer
Send the cluster to southern electronics at 730 Research Road, Richmond, VA 23236 (804) 423-1100.
Tell Eric that Jeff Cooper sent you.
He will treat you right and go over everything in the cluster and guarantee it for a year.
I have sent him several and always been pleased.
Hope this helps
Jeff

ol__grouch
Explorer
Explorer
Oops, on re-reading the original post, I see the speedometer still works. In that case, the gears in the speedometer assembly have gotten old and fallen apart. I had a shop repair a car once that did this. I think it was A1 speedomters in Florida. I even had them add 200 miles to the odometer to compensate for the miles it didn't rack up prior to repair.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Text if you want to meet him.

ol__grouch
Explorer
Explorer
thriftydutch wrote:
I have a 1990 Dodge B 250 5.2 litre engine. Last summer on a trip the odometer and trip odometer stopped working for about 100 miles. Then suddenly it started working again for a day and then it stopped working for good. Has anybody had any experience with this problem in the past on this vehicle.

It sounds like your transmission speed sensor has packed it in. It's been years since I worked on one of these but it should be a sending unit on the side of the transmission that tells the speedometer how fast you're going. It's about a $35 or so part. I'm pretty sure it can be replaced with the transmission in the vehicle. If it's what I think it is, the transmission doesn't need to come apart.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Text if you want to meet him.

thriftydutch
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the speedometer works fine.

1990 L.E.R. Dodge B 250 Class B 17'

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
So I take it the speedo still works?