cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oil Change

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to change the oil in my HR Vacationer 8.1 engine. Is any oil better for this engine over another?
5 REPLIES 5

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all, going with Mobil 1 and I got the Napa 1060 filter.

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Mobil 1. Get a AC DELCO pf1218, OR fRAM ph5 OR NAPA1060 oil filter. They are the 1 quart size, 1/2 quart bigger than workhorse standard. That way you won't ba stuck with a half quartof oil left over. Also a little more oil is better.
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel

Explorer
Explorer
A lot of good oils out there today-------especially the synthetics from a major company. Mobil 1 is a good choice and is available in lots of different viscosities. A 5w-30 would be the most common choice, but some of us run heavier viscosities in our gas MH's because of the duty cycle and the potential for running hotter than normal (climbing a long grade pulling a toad). I've used 15w-50 for a lot of miles and (for the sake of one oil in several vehicles), I'm been using Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 5w-40 for the last couple of years. It is also rated for gas engine use SM and SL.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
thanks Mark

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
check out the full synthetics, they are one of the bests on the market. make sure u get a good oil filter too. good luck
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension