cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sliding Windows

noleakman
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 06 National Sea Breeze and my sliding windows are getting hard to slide when I clean out the track they are still a little stiff to move for my wife! My question is do I put a little Silcone on the bottom of the track so they will slide better?
6 REPLIES 6

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Pledge spray wax/cleaner also works very well. Just spray tracks and wipe excess off with a paper towel or rag. We learned this trick when we had new vinyl windows installed in our S & B. The installing company recommended this to keep everything working and looking good.
Wildmanbaker

Rich_D_
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Silicone in the bottom track. BUT make sure it's 100% silicone and NOTHING else in it.
Hard to find. Do It Best Hardware carries it.

Almost all lubricants have graphite in them and eventually that leaves nasty black marks running all over. I stay away from lubricants like the plague when it comes to anything in or around my MH.

Radio Shack carries that in a little bottle with a needle tip for accurate application. Works great. Use sparingly.
Rich D. Wanderlodge M450 LXi

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
BEST way is to clean them well, then take a tapered candle and wipe the tracks with the candle. Candle wax is the best thing to make the windows slide easier. Any sprays will attract dirt and you'll be back to square one in two weeks. Try the candle wax..works on you sliders at home too..just be careful with them as you'll probably slam them the first few times...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

phnguyk
Explorer
Explorer
I used to use vaseline aplied with a q tip, last couple of times I've used chapstick, lasts a little longer, btw I use chapstick on the zippers of my jeep, boat and screen houses. Works for me.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Silicone in the bottom track. BUT make sure it's 100% silicone and NOTHING else in it.
Hard to find. Do It Best Hardware carries it.

Almost all lubricants have graphite in them and eventually that leaves nasty black marks running all over. I stay away from lubricants like the plague when it comes to anything in or around my MH.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I spray silicone in our sliding window tracks. You could probably also use the same dry lube you use for slides if you have them.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)