cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On A Scale From 1 to 10?

bagman
Explorer
Explorer
Where would you rate the Jayco Class C? Not talking Super C or B+, just their Redhawk & Greyhawk models! Ok, when I think of Mfgr's that make traditional C's, my list looks like this: Born Free, Lazy Daze, Coachman, Thor, Forest River, Fleetwood, Winnebago/Itasca, Holiday Rambler, and of course Jayco. So what is your unbiased opinion? Chuck/Bagman.
Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!
7 REPLIES 7

Hockeytchr
Explorer
Explorer
Love our new Greyhawk......
2015 Keystone Hideout 38fqds
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29mv
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercrew
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercab
2005 Club Car
2009 Polaris Ranger Crew
2015 Polaris RZR 900S
1995 17' Gilgetter Pontoon

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
From what I saw, they are a nose above Forest River, but still below Winnebago when it comes to materials, fit/finish, and the like. Not a bad vehicle, but as always, make sure to do a thorough PDI.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
The current Greyhawk line is pretty nice. We've had ours for 7 years now and have been pretty happy with it. The current Redhawk link is comparable to our Greyhawk. There have been a few things that needed to be repaired/replaced, but most of that was manufactured by other companies (convert, generator fuel pump, etc.).

Jayco's JRide system is nice. Our motorhome, from the factory, handles great compared to some of the horror stories I've read on this forum. Add a 2 year warranty to the mix and I think Jayco makes a nice motorhome.

I would agree with sullivanclan, there are higher end units, but I think there are a lot more that are beneath Jayco than above Jayco.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

sullivanclan
Explorer
Explorer
We have owned two Jayco's, the first a trailer, now a 2003 Greyhawk Class C, and continue to be pleased. I'm sure there are higher end units out there, but I know for sure that there are also lower end units. Safe to say, Jayco's is in the middle, or a bit higher.
2003 Ford 450 Jayco Greyhawk 25D
1986 Jeep Renegade
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK

just4mrg
Explorer
Explorer
Can't comment on the Redhawk or the Greyhawk, but I recently purchased a used 2010 Jayco Melbourne 29d. The quality in this unit amazes me. I have owned many a pop up, travel trailer, Class A, etc. Jayco pulled out all the stops with the Melbourne. Attention to detail and quality were high on the Jayco list. Love this unit!
Karen and Gary (Mr. Cooper as well)
2010 Jayco Melbourne 29d
2011 Jeep Liberty in tow

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
I love mine!
Linda
Scout, 10 year old Husky/Shepherd
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Thor Four Winds is first on my list. Holds its resale value better than the others also.

Interior is far better quality then others. They use REAL wood for cabinetry and REAL wood for drawers and quality slides on the drawers etc. You really can't miss the difference in quality materials/workmanship on the Four Winds interior.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.