cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please post pics of your motorhome carport

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to have a carport installed soon and I have a couple of questions/requests for those of you who have one.

I'd really like to see some pics of carports with enclosed sides. Right now I'm leaning heavily towards enclosing three of four sides.

Secondly, how tall are your sides? I have a 40' DP and haven't decided yet between 12' and 14' side legs.

Thanks much.
8 REPLIES 8

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
That's awesome! I looked at those pics and was wondering where the MH was.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
Probably not what you had in mind, but you need to go 14' or more depending on type of door.

12' on the left side and 14' on the right.

Ivy posted the only pictures but IMHO he needs to post the door opening and closing see Pic's here

This is one of the cleanest installations I've ever seen on a house, hope Ivy is alright with me expanding his pic's.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

iceyfingers
Explorer
Explorer
Width is 18 feet Length is 41 feet 12 feet at sidewall Sides come down 3 feet It is made by Karolina Karports I am happy with it .Carport has enough room that I can open both sides of the slides.

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
trutone wrote:
We have a 40 DP and my carport is 12' sides.Both ends are open, but the sides are enclosed to the ground. I have a gable end on the rear, but not on the front. Have all kinds of clearance. Only is 12' at the extreme edges, the center is about 15 or 16'.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I'm looking to do. How wide is yours?

trutone
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 40 DP and my carport is 12' sides.Both ends are open, but the sides are enclosed to the ground. I have a gable end on the rear, but not on the front. Have all kinds of clearance. Only is 12' at the extreme edges, the center is about 15 or 16'.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 18' x 60' with 12' legs carport installed. If it wasn't for the width, we would had to go with the 14' legs.
This is the correct answer.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Probably not what you had in mind, but you need to go 14' or more depending on type of door.

12' on the left side and 14' on the right.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-dqOEnC3UMQE/U3dhJ0d3YPI/AAAAAAAAMJI/OaRfqySI1yY/s1600/tree%252520down%25255B2%25255D.jpg
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
While not a motor home, we have a 40' fifth wheel that stands at 13'3". I had a 18' x 60' with 12' legs carport installed. If it wasn't for the width, we would had to go with the 14' legs.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore