cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pleasureway Pursuit

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering the purchase of a Pleasureway Pursuit. Would appreciate any information from current owners either pro or con. Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nor'Wester wrote:
It appears we got one of the last 2015s on a Ford with a V-10.

Congratulations .... you're very fortunate.

That will make a great little Class C for you - spacious inside, reliable, easy to get chassis repairs and parts for, and powerful with that superb V10.

I hate to see those narrow chassis rigs take over the Class C world. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Bill, there's a PW Yahoo group that used to be very active. Dunno anymore as we don't have a PW
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Nor_Wester
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't posted on RV.net for a few years!

This thread has slowed down. We just bought one and are on day 5 of the "shake down" trip. It appears we got one of the last 2015s on a Ford with a V-10. We downsized from a 40 foot Beaver diesel pusher. So far, we've only found a few small details that need fixing. The biggest issue is changing some of our habits to accommodate sleeping on the fold down bed.

Is there an active Pleasure-Way forum somewhere?

Bill

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked with the Pleasureway factory. You are right. This is the last year for the Pursuit. They are building a Mercedes chassis model instead. Nice information to know.

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
Good point. It should affect the selling price of the left overs. Thanks.

bobcat66
Explorer
Explorer
2015 is the last model year for the Pursuit. Call the factory if in doubt.
Jack

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked Pleasureway website. The Pursuit is still showing on their models list. It follows the diesel motor homes.

bobcat66
Explorer
Explorer
I understand the Pursuit is no longer being built and is not shown in the latest brochure.

Maybe something on the Ford Transit chassis in the future.
Jack

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. Happy to hear that everyone, so far, is satisfied with their purchase.

Merry
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Pursuit that we bought February '14 at Lazy Days in Tampa. I drove it home to Buffalo alone, with my husband following in our other vehicle. I was not afraid or hesitant to drive it at all! That's one of the main reasons we chose this model, because I love to camp and my husband can't always go. This way, he doesn't worry about me. The rv is a joy to drive and I can take it anywhere, without worrying about getting jammed up. We use it for shopping, day trips, you name it.

I also like the fact that it has a regular rv door, with a screen. I like the sliding doors but didn't want one myself. We have the power sofa and like that we can recline it. We don't have the bunk in front, but we bring a tent which is our 'guest room', lol. We have tons of storage and still have empty cabinets. We have the pantry in the front which is awesome. The only mod we have done is to replace the showerhead with an oxygenics one. The rv is really perfect as is.

Yes,we hear all the time how we could have purchased a class A for less then we paid for our little B plus. But let's see you take your big old class A where we take our little rv. We get excellent mileage (14 was best), amazing craftsmanship, we can park it anywhere and fuel up at any gas station with sweating it. And we go camping to be outdoors, not sitting inside so it doesn't matter what the size is. Little house, BIG backyard!

Good luck with your decision
2014 Pleasure-Way Pursuit (B+)

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate your response. Thank you very much. It will help in making a final decision later this year.

rvit
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a 2014 Pursuit and have put 15,000 miles on it the first year. We absolutely love it and use it far more than we thought we would. We have the electric sofa which costs you the small pass through storage available on the U-shaped sofa models but allows more versatility by being able to adjust its position. We can recline our sofa for personal preference or slide the whole sofa forward to provide storage behind for when we take it to pick up plants or go Christmas shopping.

We also average 11 mpg and have found that by only being 22' we can legally park almost anywhere. That means when we go to the beach, we park at the beach, not in a campground 3 miles away.

Most come with a V-10 but ours is only a V-8. In the beginning we were getting 12 mpg but we drive faster now so we pay the price. We have no problem with the engine, although it can get a little loud when it downshifts to get up a hill.

Good luck and let us know if you have any specific questions.

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate the information you have provided. There is also an Excel for sale at the dealership. We previously owned a 2003 Excel many years ago. Liked it. We were looking at the Pursuit because of the things you mentioned. Thanks again.

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
We have a PW Pursuit, one year old. We have taken 4 trips in it and like it. We traveled for 8 years in a PW Excel, a true Class B and sold it last year, then bought a Pursuit. It is 2 ft longer and is wider and higher than our Excel so there is some loss of mobility but we still manage to get into restaurant parking lots, etc because it is only 22 ft long. One big improvement is the much better shower, we no longer use campground showers. We have the U-shaped dinette in the rear that makes into a bed. It takes 3 or 4 minutes to do the conversion. We use a queen size Travasak for sleeping and roll it up in the morning. We have the overhead bunk and use it when a grandchild is with us. If we are by ourselves, we leave the bunk mattress home which gives you lots of storage space. The electric sofa model doesn't have outside storage for camp chairs, grill, etc., as far as I can tell. PW quality is first rate, although not quite up to the Excel. The RV drives and handles extremely well with the dual wheels. We get 11 mpg on trips but could do a little better if I held the speed to 60 or below. The Ford chassis is flawless, as was our experience with the Excel. The big refrigerator is a big improvement over the little dorm room model we had before. Good luck with your shopping.